Change User Settings

I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows" dialog
box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced). On
the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an Icon
with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the "windows"
dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?

Many thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about change user settings

    Sarah,
    Type Control Userpasswords2 in Start, Run dialog.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
    Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows" dialog
    box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced). On
    the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an Icon
    with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the "windows"
    dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Is there another way to change it? I'm certain that was not run on the other
    computer, it came from one of the settings in XP, but I don't know where.

    Thanks again

    > Sarah,
    > Type Control Userpasswords2 in Start, Run dialog.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
    > Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows"
    dialog
    > box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced).
    On
    > the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an
    Icon
    > with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the "windows"
    > dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

    Sarah,

    Tip #1 at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm adds
    ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel.

    --

    Is there another way to change it? I'm certain that was not run on the other
    computer, it came from one of the settings in XP, but I don't know where.

    Thanks again

    > Sarah,
    > Type Control Userpasswords2 in Start, Run dialog.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
    > Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows"
    dialog
    > box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced).
    On
    > the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an
    Icon
    > with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the "windows"
    > dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.

    Thanks again, but I'm sure there was no tweaks done. If you double-click on
    User Accounts - it brings up the ControlUserPasswords2 dialog box. Are there
    any windows settings that would make that happen?

    > Sarah,
    >
    > Tip #1 at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm adds
    > ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Is there another way to change it? I'm certain that was not run on the
    other
    > computer, it came from one of the settings in XP, but I don't know where.
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > Sarah,
    > > Type Control Userpasswords2 in Start, Run dialog.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
    > > Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows"
    > dialog
    > > box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced).
    > On
    > > the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an
    > Icon
    > > with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the
    "windows"
    > > dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?
    > >
    > > Many thanks in advance.

    Nope. I don't know of any UI settings which can do that.

    --

    Thanks again, but I'm sure there was no tweaks done. If you double-click on
    User Accounts - it brings up the ControlUserPasswords2 dialog box. Are there
    any windows settings that would make that happen?

    > Sarah,
    >
    > Tip #1 at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm adds
    > ControlUserPasswords2 To Control Panel.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    >

    > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Is there another way to change it? I'm certain that was not run on the
    other
    > computer, it came from one of the settings in XP, but I don't know where.
    >
    > Thanks again
    >
    > "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > > Sarah,
    > > Type Control Userpasswords2 in Start, Run dialog.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    > > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
    > >

    > > "Sarah M" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to change the settings for when you go into Control Panel /
    > > Users. On one computer, if you double click in users a grey "windows"
    > dialog
    > > box appears that lists the users and has two tabs ( Users and Advanced).
    > On
    > > the other computers a different screen apears listing the users and an
    > Icon
    > > with tasks. How can I change the setting so it will display the
    "windows"
    > > dialog box that lists the users and has two tabs?
    > >
    > > Many thanks in advance.

Windows XP