Sequence of files in open/save dialogs

I've noticed that when I go to open or save a file in most any Windows app
the dialog box tends not to have the files in any obvious order. It also
defaults to the list view. Is there a way to make these dialog boxes stick
with the details view??

Running Windows XP Pro SP1 but it happens on my Windows 2000 Pro home
machine too. Minor issue I know, just annoying.

TIA!
--
Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
Charlottesville, VA

    For sorting open a folder window and Ctrl + Close on titlebar.

    Can't change icon style

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "EPPack" <CorrectAddressIsIn@MySig.com> wrote in message news:ugZAn6GsEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > I've noticed that when I go to open or save a file in most any Windows app
    > the dialog box tends not to have the files in any obvious order. It also
    > defaults to the list view. Is there a way to make these dialog boxes stick
    > with the details view??
    >
    > Running Windows XP Pro SP1 but it happens on my Windows 2000 Pro home
    > machine too. Minor issue I know, just annoying.
    >
    > TIA!
    > --
    > Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
    > Charlottesville, VA