Verizone Airfone

Has anyone used the Airfone service yet? I registered yesterday,
although it took the CSR awhile to figure out how to go through the
process. [She didn't know that my PIN would arrive by text message and
wasn't even sure that I needed one] I plan on trying it out next time I
fly for a 1 minute call to a friend who will then call me to see if how
it all works and if billing is done correctly. Does the caller id work
as advertised? I am on the no fee, 69cent/minute feature. (It is not a
plan per se)

Josh

TGW

Distinguished
May 22, 2004

Caller ID works as advertised -- no charge if you decide not to answer the
call. Also, call waiting does not work -- all subsequent calls will go to
voicemail while a call is in progress. I have not actually been billed for
calls as of yet. Several recent flights -- US Airways coast-to-coast -- did
not even have AIrfones installed!

"Josh Steinhurst" <josh.spam.news@steinhurst.FakeMeat.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone used the Airfone service yet? I registered yesterday,
> although it took the CSR awhile to figure out how to go through the
> process. [She didn't know that my PIN would arrive by text message and
> wasn't even sure that I needed one] I plan on trying it out next time I
> fly for a 1 minute call to a friend who will then call me to see if how
> it all works and if billing is done correctly. Does the caller id work
> as advertised? I am on the no fee, 69cent/minute feature. (It is not a
> plan per se)
>
> Josh

I had the same signup experience and plan. Can't beat free.
If I made a lot of calls, I would probably get the other plan but, don't
really need to use it very often.
I am also curious to see how it does/works.

Scotty