wont load windows/missing file

I have recently tried to clean up my computer by deleting old or unused
windows components, and in doing so I deleted a file named windows xp
hotfix. After deleting that my computer will startup, but windows will not
load. I cannot load in safe mode and after trying various things, turned
off the auto-restart feature. When i did that the computer told me that i
was missing an essential file. I am on another computer now with windows xp
but do not have the installation disk. I was trying to create a startup
disk to maybe reinstall that file, without going out and buying windows xp.
Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about wont load windows missing file

    To replace windows files one would,open cmd,type:Sfc /Scannow Then install
    the xp cd,or you could boot to xp cd,select,install xp,repair this copy-all
    updates
    are lost only.A hotfix though can be obtained thru microsoft,if you know the
    fix,give then a call to send to youre e-mail,800 936 5700. Try tapping the F8
    key at start-up,select,"last good known configuration".

    "Gene Aaron" wrote:

    > I have recently tried to clean up my computer by deleting old or unused
    > windows components, and in doing so I deleted a file named windows xp
    > hotfix. After deleting that my computer will startup, but windows will not
    > load. I cannot load in safe mode and after trying various things, turned
    > off the auto-restart feature. When i did that the computer told me that i
    > was missing an essential file. I am on another computer now with windows xp
    > but do not have the installation disk. I was trying to create a startup
    > disk to maybe reinstall that file, without going out and buying windows xp.
    > Please help

Computers Microsoft Windows XP