whirlwind

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
Hi all...I have been reading the forums here for awhile now, and decided to sign up and post.

I am an old pc gamer....like 49 years young!

Thought I would share some screenshots with you of Kane & Lynch.

Great game with a great story and really good voice acting....funny characters with great one liners. I can HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes action shooters .

The "F" word gets thrown around at a rapid pace in this game....so if that bothers you, you may want to pass on this game. it does not bother me, because it seems
to fit the storyline and the characters in the game.

Anyway....enjoy the screenshots.

2462576690_14bc48fe4c_b.jpg

2460787469_eaa111ae0d_b.jpg

2460880763_a0ab6eb802_b.jpg

2461583359_678eb1f726_b.jpg

2463745615_b544f04ab5_b.jpg

2463771111_55f087324f_b.jpg

2463749827_e9bf7d5320_b.jpg

waxpants1

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
i totaly agree with you! its by far the best story in any game iv ever played and definatly my favorite game EVER!! i thought crysis was going to be this good but it didnt even come close.

morga

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
Wow this is odd, i have never seen someone who doesn't work for the game company promote a mediocre game like this...

I actually own the game and it is far from excellent. The story is good but shooting is horribly inaccurate and your AI buddies are next to useless. Shooting behind cover is near impossible as most of your bullets will hit the cover when you are aiming well above it.

Multilayer is non-existent. For free to play you have to host your own server, the most i have seen online are two. There is no voip or text communication so you have to send messages over LIVE anywhere which is even more of a pain.

This game is designed consoles, not the PC.

whirlwind

Distinguished
May 5, 2008

The game has faults...I will agree to that....but the game is fun!! When in cover move abit and the shots hit your target just fine....the story and voice acting is awsome.

Hell....Crysis was hyped up to be the BEST GAME EVER....and I have seen the enemy AI hide behind THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DOOR when i was shooting at them!!!!

I say the game is better than mediocre...why....because it is FUN!! :D

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
While I agree that FUN factor is very important in a game, even over really good graphics,sound etc... a game can still be fun right.

I played a few mins of this game and that was enough for me, not a big fan of it.

Plus the fact that EVERYONE should boycott EIDOS games anyways after the crap they pulled last fall about this game over at GameSpot firing Jeff Gerstmaan because he gave the game an honest review. Well not even honest, he gave it a higher score and a better review then he would have liked.

Eidos was buying every peice of ad space at GameSpot pre-launch of the game, ah heavy heavy ad campaign going on over there... then all of a sudden the mediocre review comes out and oh wah wah, Eidos ain't happy with it and Jeff Gerstmaan gets fired..

hmmmmmmm and ppl don't think that ad dollars affect game reviews :sarcastic:

whirlwind

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
Who cares who got fired over a game review....like a review of a damn game is rocket science.....like he is the only guy to lose his job in this country.....I say .....AW FOOEY!!!!!

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007

Your missing the point here... The point is that Eidos was paying millions on a promotional campaign to sell the game, but they put a half ass effort into it. The business model for developing games is changing rapidly and we, the gamers are the only ones that can change this.

Eidos makes a cheap a$% game for say 10 million, then they spend another $10-$15million on advertising and good publicity for the game. Kane & Lynch had some very good commercials and advertisments all over the web. (those numbers are just examples, not actual numbers)

Now because of the cut cost's on game dev and the increased cost's in the advertising they now only need to sell roughly 500,000 games @ an avg price of 49.99 to make that money back. Everything else is PROFIT which all the publisher's care about now.

Given of course I want a studio to make good money from developing a good game, they deserve it. Thinking about that first though is not the way to go about it. Make a good game and the money and profits will come naturally.

Now the reason why the firing of a reivewer is relavent is because Eidos was spending a BOATLOAD of money over at gamespot and when they see a review that doesn't give their game praise and make ppl wanna run out and buy it... they call up the execs at gamespot to bully with their advertising budgets, saying I want this reveiwer outa here or i want that review changed etc etc.. The video review was pulled, and the written one was edited... too fishy, it's been well documented too.

Now, Jeff may have not been fired directly for writing the review & giving it a medicore score etc.. could have been he got into a verbal disagreement with managment when they confronted him to change his review... or who knows... but their is enough info around to get the gest that Eidos weren't happy and had a big part into his demise.

anyways, think & do what you will... but take it with a grain of salt when you read any review, that their may just be some advertising dollars writing the review & not an actual reviewer's opinion

whirlwind

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
So you are taking the word of someone else who was playing this game......you yourself only played the game "for a few minutes"....and from that decided....wow this game sucks....and Jeff got screwed.....LMAO...

Good Lord.....the nerve of some people......

I don't think a review can be made with only a few minutes of gaming....lol........this is funny stuff :lol:

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
It's not just one review, but every review I've seen that basically says this game is bad. I game the demo a spin on the Xbox360 and personally found it to be completely mediocre. If you enjoy it, more power to you but don't try to convince me this **** is fun.

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007

for one I watched a friend play through it on x360 while he was reviewing it... I myself played or a few mins myself.

two, it's principle. They buy their ratings... go ahead and support them, if thats what you want :hello:

TRENDING THREADS