Win Explorer locks the files for a looong time

With Windows XP Pro, when I select any file or folder, Win Explorer locks
completely that file or folder and cannot be renamed, moved, or deleted.
This lock can last for between 25 seconds and a minute. That happens with
all the files (.avi, .mp3, .mpeg, .doc, etc.) Takes a looong time. That
happens when I deal for the first time in a session inside any folder. If I
keep the folder open, the situation does not occur when I select next other
files or folders in it. Why? What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for
your help.

------------
OS: WinXP Pro Service Pack 2
MOBO: AOpen AK89 Max
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
RAM: 1,024 MB
VID: ATI Radeon X800 Pro

michel

larian wrote:

> With Windows XP Pro, when I select any file or folder, Win Explorer locks
> completely that file or folder and cannot be renamed, moved, or deleted.
> This lock can last for between 25 seconds and a minute. That happens with
> all the files (.avi, .mp3, .mpeg, .doc, etc.) Takes a looong time. That
> happens when I deal for the first time in a session inside any folder. If I
> keep the folder open, the situation does not occur when I select next other
> files or folders in it. Why? What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for
> your help.
>
> ------------
> OS: WinXP Pro Service Pack 2
> MOBO: AOpen AK89 Max
> CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
> RAM: 1,024 MB
> VID: ATI Radeon X800 Pro

You are dealing with a KNOWN PROBLEM that MS acknowledges
but apparently cannot fix.
See;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819946
and