How do I set up Venturi software for QNC (14.4K) internet ..

I recently bought a new LG VX4400 phone and switched to Verizon.
With the data cable, I have been able to connect to Verizons QNC
Internet access
service. I can browse with my laptop at a "blazing" 14400 baud.
I heard that you can use this software from Venturi to vastly improve
speeds as it compresses the data on Verizons server and leaves out
graphics detail.
I went to the venturi website for verizon and downloaded the software.
http://www.venturiwireless.com/tech_support/VerizonWireless.html (the
version for express network not CDDP)
The software doesnt seem to do anything. In fact there is almost no
documentation on how this works with the QNC service.
Does anyone have more detail on how the Venturi software works with
Verizons QNC internet access? Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about venturi software internet

    My software which came with the Mobile Office
    software contained Venturi and my problem was
    being able to prevent it from installing. I am
    now used to it and it is not a problem.All websites
    do not however go through the Venturi server. If
    you see the icon in the task tray one should be able
    to click on it and set it up, i.e., speed vs quality,
    automatic..etc.. luck

    "Joe Blo" <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I recently bought a new LG VX4400 phone and switched to Verizon.
    > With the data cable, I have been able to connect to Verizons QNC
    > Internet access
    > service. I can browse with my laptop at a "blazing" 14400 baud.
    > I heard that you can use this software from Venturi to vastly improve
    > speeds as it compresses the data on Verizons server and leaves out
    > graphics detail.
    > I went to the venturi website for verizon and downloaded the software.
    > http://www.venturiwireless.com/tech_support/VerizonWireless.html (the
    > version for express network not CDDP)
    > The software doesnt seem to do anything. In fact there is almost no
    > documentation on how this works with the QNC service.
    > Does anyone have more detail on how the Venturi software works with
    > Verizons QNC internet access? Thanks

    You are using QNC right? Why on earth would you expect QNC to work with
    software for the express network?
    You are using the direct calling/dialing system (qnc = CDPD) with software
    for packet switched networks (1x, express, National Access).

    Depending on your plan/location/needs you may already have and be able to
    use the higher speed 1x stuff. Got a paper bill? If so, look for active
    additional services and see if National Access is listed as one. If so, it's
    already on your plan.
    One good thing about holidays, is that it is free to play with it today.

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > You are using QNC right? Why on earth would you expect QNC to work with
    > software for the express network?
    > You are using the direct calling/dialing system (qnc = CDPD) with software
    > for packet switched networks (1x, express, National Access).

    From my understanding, Venturi is just some form of compression/proxy
    service. If it just operates at the IP level it very well could work for
    both QNC and 1X (in fact, when I installed the mobile office kit on my
    laptop I believe it worked for both).

    -Eric

    "Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> You are using QNC right? Why on earth would you expect QNC to work
    >> with software for the express network?
    >> You are using the direct calling/dialing system (qnc = CDPD) with
    >> software for packet switched networks (1x, express, National Access).
    >
    > From my understanding, Venturi is just some form of compression/proxy
    > service. If it just operates at the IP level it very well could work
    > for both QNC and 1X (in fact, when I installed the mobile office kit
    > on my laptop I believe it worked for both).
    >
    > -Eric

    As far as I know, the high speed 1x will work for both (high and fallback to
    low), and when calling verizon with #777, but the low-speed direct to the
    end ISP will not allow venturi to work dialing the ISP directly, you have
    to connect to verizons network.

    I may have confused things by what was written elsewhere in the OP's
    message, he said he used QNC to call his ISP directly, and couldn't get
    venturi to work.

    At any rate, you can only use venturi when you use the #777 to connect. Not
    when dialing direct to the ISP.

    The other part of that note was to let the OP (and any lurkers know) they
    may already have (what is termed here, but not officially NA-MOU), check
    your bill for additional options and see if National Access is listed as an
    already active OPTION. That phone is 1x capable, and if his plan supports
    it, he already has it active and it is a whole lot faster than 14.4.

    Yeah, I totally agree he should be using 1x (Express Network) if at all
    possible. If you are in a Verizon native area it should be possible! I use
    it all the time and as has been reiterated a hundred times here, it only
    costs you minutes!

    I concur with your statement about Venturi working with both QNC and 1X
    Express Network. I also concur that it would not work when "dialing" in to
    another ISP over your cell phone (not quite sure what this is called other
    than circuit switched...).

    Venturi relies on a server component that is sitting on Verizon's data
    network. This is why it does not work when you dial another ISP.

    -Eric

    > "Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
    > > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> You are using QNC right? Why on earth would you expect QNC to work
    > >> with software for the express network?
    > >> You are using the direct calling/dialing system (qnc = CDPD) with
    > >> software for packet switched networks (1x, express, National Access).
    > >
    > > From my understanding, Venturi is just some form of compression/proxy
    > > service. If it just operates at the IP level it very well could work
    > > for both QNC and 1X (in fact, when I installed the mobile office kit
    > > on my laptop I believe it worked for both).
    > >
    > > -Eric
    >
    > As far as I know, the high speed 1x will work for both (high and fallback
    > low), and when calling verizon with #777, but the low-speed direct to the
    > end ISP will not allow venturi to work dialing the ISP directly, you have
    > to connect to verizons network.
    >
    > I may have confused things by what was written elsewhere in the OP's
    > message, he said he used QNC to call his ISP directly, and couldn't get
    > venturi to work.
    >
    > At any rate, you can only use venturi when you use the #777 to connect.
    Not
    > when dialing direct to the ISP.
    >
    > The other part of that note was to let the OP (and any lurkers know) they
    > may already have (what is termed here, but not officially NA-MOU), check
    > your bill for additional options and see if National Access is listed as
    an
    > already active OPTION. That phone is 1x capable, and if his plan supports
    > it, he already has it active and it is a whole lot faster than 14.4.

Verizon Software Internet Internet Service Providers