Password

I just upgraded from Window ME to XP Professional. When I started the
computer it asks for a password. I never had a password in Windows ME.
Leaving blank is no help, and trying administrator and leaving blank is no
help. I tried booting in safe mode and it too wants a password. Any ideas?

Hi

When you upgraded to XP Pro, did you have to create a password during the
installation? If so, it is that password that you have to use.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"golfrjim" <golfrjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from Window ME to XP Professional. When I started the
> computer it asks for a password. I never had a password in Windows ME.
> Leaving blank is no help, and trying administrator and leaving blank is no
> help. I tried booting in safe mode and it too wants a password. Any
> ideas?

There is a few ways to go about this,
1. Delete the account that supports the password.
or
2. Reinstall Xp.
or
3. Last resort is to clear the CMOS, which you will need to know about your
motherboard to do this...

L391

"golfrjim" wrote:

> I just upgraded from Window ME to XP Professional. When I started the
> computer it asks for a password. I never had a password in Windows ME.
> Leaving blank is no help, and trying administrator and leaving blank is no
> help. I tried booting in safe mode and it too wants a password. Any ideas?

Hello,

Try this out
Don't have password / don't remember / doesn't work

Michael Ortega

"golfrjim" <golfrjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from Window ME to XP Professional. When I started the
> computer it asks for a password. I never had a password in Windows ME.
> Leaving blank is no help, and trying administrator and leaving blank is no
> help. I tried booting in safe mode and it too wants a password. Any
> ideas?

golfrjim,
Was wondering if you have got this resolved...

L391