id Software Announces DOOM 4

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
Press Release Below:

----------------------------
Mesquite, TX – May 7, 2008 – id Software announced today that production has begun on DOOM 4™, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. id Software is expanding its internal team and is currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

“DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth,” said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. “It’s critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles.”

The DOOM franchise is one of the most recognizable and important in gaming history, having been named “one of the ten most influential games of the decade” by PC Gamer and “the #1 game of all time” by GameSpy. DOOM 4 will join the award-winning series which has consistently topped sales charts throughout the world.

id Software is looking for talented, ambitious and passionate individuals eager to join its accomplished team of developers working on the industry’s most innovative and anticipated games. For a complete listing of available positions, visit www.idsoftware.com. Resumes can be submitted via email to jobs@idsoftware.com. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.

mothhive

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
Am I the only one who has never liked a single ID game? Full credit to them, they did help popularise the FPS and have had some great tech behind their games, but beyond that I've always found their games bland and boring in story, gameplay and visuals, relying on things jumping out at you suddenly from the dark (which you always see coming) or huge hordes of beasties to scare you, rather than attempting something more subtle or intelligent.

I'll play the demo when it's released, but I'm not holding my breath for it to be anything more than a mindless shooter where the enemies are samey, plasticky looking and mindless and darkness is used as a replacement for atmosphere.

Harry-Plopper

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008

Lets just hope on 7 things

No crap film about it.

The red sphere monster

in the game somewhere there is a console or arcade machine where u can play doom 1 & 2

its just a shoot fest and nothing else --- ooh onlines gonna be good

the end of level gods can have bits shot off of them bit by bit..

Slash plays the guitar for the music

Michael Jackson does a moon walk so we can shoot him