I have been using windows XP since I bought my laptop(Toshiba).
I had a couple spyware software which I deleted them because just to write a
letter in word I had to wait for letters to show up....very slow
I deleted the temp files,cockies and scaned the system for viruses which
didn't help!!!
what elese can i do?
thanks

Do a disk clean up in Safe Mode and most importantly defrag. Click start >
run > type in: "msconfig" without quotes > startup tab > unchec any
unnecessary components that might be starting up with the system.

Andre
"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using windows XP since I bought my laptop(Toshiba).
> I had a couple spyware software which I deleted them because just to write
> letter in word I had to wait for letters to show up....very slow
> I deleted the temp files,cockies and scaned the system for viruses which
> didn't help!!!
> what elese can i do?
> thanks

If Andre's suggestion doesn't solve the problem, download, install, update
and scan with Ad-aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Do a disk clean up in Safe Mode and most importantly defrag. Click start >
> run > type in: "msconfig" without quotes > startup tab > unchec any
> unnecessary components that might be starting up with the system.
>
> Andre
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been using windows XP since I bought my laptop(Toshiba).
> > I had a couple spyware software which I deleted them because just to write
> > letter in word I had to wait for letters to show up....very slow
> > I deleted the temp files,cockies and scaned the system for viruses which
> > didn't help!!!
> > what elese can i do?
> > thanks

Kevin;
Start here:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using windows XP since I bought my laptop(Toshiba).
> I had a couple spyware software which I deleted them because just to
> write a
> letter in word I had to wait for letters to show up....very slow
> I deleted the temp files,cockies and scaned the system for viruses
> which
> didn't help!!!
> what elese can i do?
> thanks

MadMax

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

Kevin wrote:
> I have been using windows XP since I bought my laptop(Toshiba).
> I had a couple spyware software which I deleted them because just to write a
> letter in word I had to wait for letters to show up....very slow
> I deleted the temp files,cockies and scaned the system for viruses which
> didn't help!!!
> what elese can i do?
> thanks
I have info and links on my site(see below)
-max

--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros