HELP!!! renamed the csgina.dll and machine wont boot up

October 13, 2004 10:47:01 PM

I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an absent-minded
state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted the m/c
again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now. It
gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
Thanks
October 14, 2004 1:57:01 AM

"prashant74" wrote:

> I renamed the csgina.dll to enable the fast switching in an absent-minded
> state (I wanted to actually rename the registry entries. I restarted the m/c
> again in this same absent-minded state. The machine wont boot up now. It
> gives some sort of User interface error and points to the csgina.dll
> ANy help in restoring the system would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Are you able to bootup into safe mode? If you are download this script with
another computer and save to a floppy,boot into safe mode and run the script.
Hopefully it will repair the msgina.dll
You will also find scripts here for fast user switching which I believe you
were trying to do.

Line 45 right side

If the above does not work
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP...