Wxp error message after SP 1 install

After installing SP 1, am ocasionally receiving this message upon boot.
"Windows could not load because the following file is missing or
corupt:\Windows\system32\config\system (or) setup". I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE, PC
reboots and all is well until several days and restarts later. Have searched
in KB but only similar situation is with W2000 and involves lots of editing
in registry. Any help ?
Thanks

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:53:12 -0700, "Trio"
<Trio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After installing SP 1, am ocasionally receiving this message upon boot.
>"Windows could not load because the following file is missing or
>corupt:\Windows\system32\config\system (or) setup". I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE, PC
>reboots and all is well until several days and restarts later. Have searched
>in KB but only similar situation is with W2000 and involves lots of editing
>in registry. Any help ?
>Thanks

You could also try just installing the SP2 upgrade, it might fix it.. In
fact you don't even have to do SP1 before SP2 I have read.
...D.

Hi,

It's a corrupt registry.

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry [Q307545]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/