Error Message on startup

Error is "Cannot find file p2esocks_1016.dll"

I doesn't stop me using the PC but I would like to fix it.

Any ideas please?

Hi,

Click start/run, type regedit and click ok. Expand the branches by clicking
the plus (+) signs and look at these keys by clicking on the folder itself:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

There will be a string in the right pane that loads that file under the
heading of "instant access". Click on that string and delete it. It is a
leftover from some spyware garbage, and you don't need it on your system.
Close the registry editor when finished.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"DJG" <DJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Error is "Cannot find file p2esocks_1016.dll"
>
> I doesn't stop me using the PC but I would like to fix it.
>
> Any ideas please?

When you get this message and it as you what you want to do, try to install
this p2esocks_1016.dll File from your installation disk...