Quick Launch Icons don't appear

PooBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004

When I startup my computer only a few icons appear on the Quicklaunch
area .
I think Windows XP Home Edition removes unused icons , but I had not
had them there more than a week and they did not appear .
I am the only user and Administrator and to get all the Quicklaunch
icons to appear I have to log off and log on . Is that usual , I would rather
log on once to get all the icons to appear .

First of all let me get this, the icons that are being removed are;
1. missing from the Desktop?
2. or from the Task Bar?
as far as your login on and off goes try disabling password protect in your
Display Properties Tab...

L391

"poobear" wrote:

> When I startup my computer only a few icons appear on the Quicklaunch
> area .
> I think Windows XP Home Edition removes unused icons , but I had not
> had them there more than a week and they did not appear .
> I am the only user and Administrator and to get all the Quicklaunch
> icons to appear I have to log off and log on . Is that usual , I would rather
> log on once to get all the icons to appear .

PooBear

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2004

The icons on the taskbar right , did not all load when I started the
computer .
I guess it was a log off/log on problem . If I log off then Start
the computer all the icons load .
Thankyou

"L391" wrote:

> First of all let me get this, the icons that are being removed are;
> 1. missing from the Desktop?
> 2. or from the Task Bar?
> as far as your login on and off goes try disabling password protect in your
> Display Properties Tab...
>
> L391
>
> "poobear" wrote:
>
> > When I startup my computer only a few icons appear on the Quicklaunch
> > area .
> > I think Windows XP Home Edition removes unused icons , but I had not
> > had them there more than a week and they did not appear .
> > I am the only user and Administrator and to get all the Quicklaunch
> > icons to appear I have to log off and log on . Is that usual , I would rather
> > log on once to get all the icons to appear .

poobear,
Unless you use this computer with others I would not log off, just use your
screen "Display Panel-Screen Saver" and narrow the time it comes on to maybe
5 min and password protect it. this saves time loging on and waiting for your
prgrams to load and it also keeps your auto update function and schedule
tasks running.