Crysis vs TimeShift?

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Witch Game Has?

A Better Story -

Neither, Both Have Great Stories,TimeShift Has A Realistic Fantasy Type Story,where you
Use your TimeShifting Abilities to Take Advantage over your enemies,
Where as Crysis you Use Your Nano Suit to be Invisible Stronger Run faster or even have some Armor To Take your Enemies Down or try to Sneak around them, In TimeShift you are trying to Stop a Man Named Chrone who has a Time Shifting Suit to,witch is the Beta Suit,He Has Built a Massive Machine and is Trying to Destroy Everything,you need to Stop him,
Having the Ability to Slow Stop and Revers Time it Would Seem it would be Easy to Beat the Game,But it’s not as Easy as you think! You Cannot Stop
Slow or Revers Time As much as you want,the Suit only Has so much power that it regenerates,
Crysis is the Same Way Your Armor will Deplete as you get shot, And you Clocking Abilities are limited, when you are still your Clock will last for
About 3 min.,But as you move around your Energy will Deplete A Lot Faster, In Crysis you are a Member of the US Special Forces,You and your Team Are
Trying to Find Someone who sent a Distress Signal from an Island, After a wile You Find out that its Anything But ordinary,that's all I'm telling about the Stories.

Better Graphics -

Most of you probably wont Agree with me on this But - Neither, Why? Well Crippling Most PC’s Crysis Has Some Awesome Graphics That's For Sure , The Guy’s That Have the Nano Suit’s “Your Team” Have Some Great Graphics That are Better than Timeshifts, As Far As the Rest? The Koreans Have Some Odd Stuff Going on with there Faces “YEA” They are Vary good But that's not what we are Comparing, Some of Time Shifts Guy’s Have some add Stuff to, like that Chinese Guy, As For World Detail? They are Both Vary Good! , Goodies! Well Crysis Has Lots Of Destructible Stuff and Nice Grenades, you can Shoot or Blast Down almost every tree Building Vehicle in your way! , The Thing i Noticed Most Was Crysis Has A lack of Blood,
With nearly no Blood in the Game its Good for those who don't like it, but if you want Realism its not there as far as Blood and Gore Go, TimeShift is a Bit more Gory, Blood splatters and when you Stick a Grenade on someone He’s Coming Apart! And With More Realistic Physics on the Gibbs it looks a lot more Realistic than most Games, and with Timeshifts 3D Decals Where when you Shoot a Wall or the Ground a 3D Decal will appear with actual Holes in the Ground and Vary Nice Effects , all i Can Say is They are no Better than Each other ?

More Action -

Same thing here? They are Both Action Packed Games With Crysis Fighting Koreans and Blowing things up and Grabbing Guy’s Buy the throat and tossing them Aside Like nothing ,To Timeshift Sticking Explosive Darts in Guy’s Heads And Sticking Grenades to them Blowing them
To Bits of Dog Food To Getting Grenades off of you by Reversing time to Running threw Lasers And Getting threw Sticky situations where Time Shifting is Needed Or Fighting TimeSlowing guy’s who are Vary Fast!. So Both Have Awesome Action!

Better Weapons -

TimeShift Has A Better Variety of weapons that are a lot more High Tech,as where Crysis Has more Normal Weapons like AK-47’s Basic
Handguns And Normal Rifles,there is only one High Tech Weapon That One of your Team Made From Something I'm not telling,
But As for Cooler More High Tech Weapons i Say Timeshift wins in all areas, But it Depends on what you like? As Far as looks Go They Both look Vary Good,
The Weapons in Both Games Look Almost Real.

Both Games Have Abilities Beyond the Normal Person,

TimeShift - Slow - Stop - Revers Time !

Crysis - Cloak - strength - Speed - Armor!

This is my Opinion of Course and should Not be Taken Seriusly.
Thanks for Taking the Time to Read my Opinion on Crysis Vs TimeShift!

Let me Know your Opinion! :hello:

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Timeshift sucked. Most editors loved Crysis, (and benchmarkers do too :p) but for some reason people like to bash the game. I haven't bought crysis yet but the demo was really fun :D

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
I'm afraid that I cannot read the original post due to the posters use of RaNdOm CaPiTaL lEtTeRs AlL tHe WaY tHrOuGh.

Still, of the two games, I preferred Timeshift. Crysis was a techdemo for a very poorly optimised engine.

SnareSpectre

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
A Better Story

Crysis has a fairly lackluster story, but it's the gameplay that makes it good. It's basically a decent story put there simply to give you a reason to run around and do whetever in an open-ended environment.

TimeShift has no story.

Better Graphics

Crysis is the true definition of next-generation where graphics are concerned. Easily the best looking game with jaw-dropping best physics, movement models, some smart A.I., the whole package. The engine is very well optimized, it was just simply released ahead of its time and no computer can really give it what it deserves. Saying the engine is not well-optimized is sort of like saying Half-Life 2 didn't have a well-optimized engine because it can't run on your P2 in Windows 98. Crysis attacks even the fastest machines because of the hyper-realism its graphics provide.

TimeShift's graphics are okay, but could still be run at probably close to 60 fps on a 360.

More Action

This depends on what you want in a game.

Crysis is very action-packed if you choose it to be that way. Massive explosions look awesome and send everything around them flying. However, if you choose to crawl your way through the game in the grass with your camo on and your silenced weapon equipped, it's a lot more strategic than action-packed.

TimeShift is very action-packed...but not uniquely action-packed. One thinks of running through Doom 3's hallways and blasting the same enemy over and over again when one plays this game.

Better Weapons

Crysis has very realistic guns that, coupled with character movements, look better than anyone has seen in a game before. Only a few would be considered "high-tech,"
but what's there packs a punch.

TimeShift has its own weapons, whether you love them or hate them. Technically, I could make a video game where you pick up a weapon 30 seconds in that will kill EVERYTHING with a single pull of the trigger, and win the game for you instantly. That's pretty darn high-tech...but it would make the game pretty dumb to play. It's the limitations in weaponry that make a game what it is.

Special Abilities

Crysis has the Nanosuit, which I think is a little overrated but cool nonetheless. I mean really, we've cloaked before, we've had super strength before, we've jumped to unreachable heights before, and we've had extra body armor before...but the combination of all of them together is a lot of fun to use.

TimeShift has time shifting abilities, which have also been done before. However, in TimeShift, you use these abilities to do things that are not fun to do. If I played a game where you had these abilities, but you were in a pizza kitchen and the chef was throwing pizzas at you really fast, and you had to slow down time to catch them, well...it still wouldn't be fun. Likewise, TimeShift has you turn a lever that opens a door, then stop time to run through it before it closes. Then it has you do that several times throughout the game. Every now and then there is ingenious stuff, like stopping time to pass through electricity or walk on water, but those moments are pretty few and far between.

I appreciate your original post, Zerk - it is definitely a unique topic to discuss on here...but I really think one would be hard-pressed to really think that TimeShift is a better game here. Now, if people argued over whether Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 was a better game, it just comes down to preference, but I think Crysis is the clear winner in this match-up.

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

SORRY I'M HARD ON THE CAPS! :pt1cable:

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

Hay man thanks for the great post!

im not saying one or the other is better or worse,
i just wondered what you all thought about them really?

and you all are right because you all gave your opinions, so that game you think is better is better.

thanks all for the comments :hello:

sneakyfcknrusky

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Cheers for starting this thread and I would say crysis is the most innovative and I genuinly liked it more than Timeshift. I think though that the engine could have been used more a bit like the source engine since it has so much more potential.

I didn't mind Crysis. It didn't blow me away like HalF Life 2 did when it first came out. I guess its beacause the graphics have been on a very steep sloap in terms of true improvement.

Crysis had its fun times but I also hit times where I got bored. I never found a way around any of the points that enemies found you.

One thing I did like was cloacking while under fire, walking in front of the enemy and shooting him in the face then cloacking real fast to hide and do that to each one. Seemed to freak them out. I didn't like when a headshot hit their cap/helmet instead and they lived.

Timeshift had its moments and was interesting. Haven't found a true reason to buy it yet. But I did enjoy the demo. Just wish it was a bit more interesting or something.

I guess I will stick with my HL2 and TF2 and deffinately Portal.

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

Hay thanks! and yea All Engines have there ups and downs i guess,
but yea they should have made the AI a bit Smarter to me it seemed?
like what the next guy was saying walking up to them and shooting them in the head,
thats cool but not vary realistic, thanks Everyone for the great Comments! :hello:

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

Whats TimeShift?

TimeShift empowers players with the gift of time manipulation, including the ability to slow down, stop and rewind the world around them, allowing them to move freely while opponents and game objects are frozen in time. Featuring time control as an integral part of gameplay, TimeShift takes first-person action games in an entirely new direction. TimeShift will feature more than 30 combat missions, each showcasing time control elements and challenges that players must complete using both their extraordinary capabilities and combat expertise. An array of devastating and unique weaponry from the world's alternate timeline will be at the player's disposal, including bizarre incarnations of traditional sniper guns, machine guns, pistols and more, as well as never-before-imagined armaments from an era humanity has never seen. :hello:

Zerk

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

Huh i only payed $20 for mine and Well worth it! :wahoo:

And you should not say such things about Something :non: