control p does not bring up printer

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

control everything else works fine....c,v,x etcetra

Should I re-install xp and hope it fixes it....any suggestions?

Not unless you are in an application such as Microsoft Word or program that
uses the printing service, Windows the operating system does not use the
Printing Service, components within the operating system does such as Word
Pad, Notepad.

Andre

wrote in news:7EA361C1-38F6-430C-BEDF-BCCE98B73666@microsoft.com:
> control everything else works fine....c,v,x etcetra
>

> Should I re-install xp and hope it fixes it....any suggestions?

You could read the help already included with Windows:

- Start -> Help and Support.
- Search on "Windows keyboard shortcuts overview".

Do you see a Ctrl+P shortcut listed? Nope.

What makes you think it should?

http://www.uscricket.com