i am makeing a user account for my son. i dont want him to be able to delete
anything on the computer. i give him limited access in the user accounts but
he is still able to delete stuff. I want to make the option of changing or
deleting files on my computer off limits. i know how to make folders
private, but i need to know how to make it so he cant delete programs or
anything else that is not in my documents. Isnt there a way that i can just
limit his rights. i know at my college the use novell and it wont let me
delete anything. you try to delete and it saysthat you need administrators
rights. Can you not jsut do this with Windows XP.

any help appreciated

kyle

Quiksilverrn@hotmail.com

Whether you have Windows XP Home or XP Pro, you can create
an account for your son (or anyone else) while you are
logged on to your account with administrator rights and make
that new account a "limited" account. That account can
create documents, but it cannot access system files, install
programs or delete system files.

You click START, Control Panel > USERS and can create and
modify accounts.