Renting Online?

fatheroftwo

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hi. Found this site recently. Wondered if there were some adult-ish gamers here who could answer a question. I asked this on a gamers-only forum and got very juvenile responses. I asked this on a parent forum and got no response at all. :??:

I'm thinking about signing up for www.gamefly.com for the summer to ensure we have an ample supply of games for the kids and their friends. We will have two consoles once I purchase a wii and while we keep gaming to a minimum during the school year, I plan to let them get their fill over the summer.

Any comment on gamefly.com? Looks like it could be a convenient and economical solution, but wanted to hear from other parents who may have tried them.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Gamefly was clunky in the early stages -- it took several days for games to go through the mail, and some discs were scratched and badly damaged. But it's gotten much better over time -- it's easier to get ahold of new releases, the game library is deeper, and most importantly the delivery/return service is much faster now.

Hope that helps.

fatheroftwo

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
We use netflix and have been very happy with it as well. So I thought gamefly might be a good option since our video game consumption is set to increase dramatically this summer.

We have an xbox and I plan to buy a wii as well. The thought of buying three or four new wii games seemed a bit ludicrous when we could just rent them for a fraction of that.

I'll have to take your word RobWright about the "gotten much better over time." I don't know much about their past. I just recently found out a video game version of netflix existed.

Guess I'll sign up and tell you how it went. Gamefly does seem very family-oriented though (parental controls, ESRB's, Family games section) so I assume it'll work out.

TRENDING THREADS