FS: Unique, Awesome Modded Retro Nintendo NES PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmilligan

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am selling a fairly unique modded PC I finished a couple of weeks ago. I made it because I really just wanted to see how good the mod would turn out, and I don't really have a use for it now. I am new to the forum, but I am PayPal Premier Verified, I am an eBay PowerSeller with thousands of transactions and 99.5% positive feedback, I have proof of identity, and am willing to talk on the phone/meet in person for anyone who lives in Central NY. My eBay is located here: http://myworld.ebay.com/milligangames

Details:

I am selling an incredibly unique and one of a kind creation: my custom Nintendo PC. This is a mini form factor fully functional computer that I put together inside of an original Nintendo Entertainment System case from 1985. The computer was constructed this month and finished two weeks ago with all new, high-end parts.

This project was created to be a very unique, conversation piece home theater PC, but it is capable of many applications. The PC is entirely custom, and I spent about $600 on parts and ten hours building it from scratch. It was built as a project just to see how such a thing would turn out and I have no use for it, so I am asking for $500 SHIPPED ($100 under the cost of parts) OR BEST OFFER.

I have invoices for the parts, which are unregistered as of yet so that the new owner can take advantage of manufacturer warranties.

Everything is extremely clean and in perfect, literally unused condition. The PC was only turned on to test, install the operating system and device drivers.

The quality of this mod is excellent. Everything is solidly in place and put together with extreme care and professionalism. Beautiful condition, inside and out.

Here is what the package includes:

Wireless Mini Radio Frequency Keyboard with built-in scroll ball and mouse
External power supply + power cable
External Trendnet USB 2.0 wireless internet adapter
Awesome, Unique modded original Nintendo controller (plugs into USB port), this really adds to the whole retro vibe

SPECS:
CPU: Intel Atom N230 1.6gHz Processor
RAM: 2 GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Memory (expandable up to 4GB)
Hard Drive: 160GB SATA Laptop Hard Drive
Optical Drive: Slim Laptop Sony Optiarc DVD/CD burner combo drive
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

DETAILED SPECS:
ZOTAC IONITX-C-U Intel Atom N230 Mini ITX ION Platform Motherboard/CPU Combo with 90W PSU
Transcend JETRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
HITACHI Travelstar 5K500.B HTS545016B9A300 (0A57911) 160GB 5400 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive
Sony Optiarc Slim Combo Black SATA Model CRX890S-10

I have also installed an emulator with all 700+ Nintendo NES games to add to the retro experience.

I can put Windows XP or Ubuntu (Linux) on the PC, or I can wipe it clean entirely and leave the operating system up to the buyer.

I am open to trades for anything of near-equal value, especially high-end electronics.

For a slide show of the building process and lots of pics, go here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42628007@N04/sets/72157622276830247/show

I have many, many more pictures and info available about this PC. Please PM me with your phone number for more info or to make a deal.

I live in Oswego, NY but I am willing to drive up to 1.5 hours or so to do business, or deliver it in some cases. I also accept PayPal. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Sorry, I don't know how to imbed, but I have many more pictures if needed. Here is a link to my original Craigslist ad for this PC: http://rochester.craigslist.org/vgm/1475460295.html

INTERESTED? PM ME FOR PHONE INFO!

pmilligan

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009

Did anybody say this was a gaming PC? The parts are high-end for the mini form factor. Thanks for your well thought-out reply, though.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Man thats pretty sweet but a lot of people have done that already. The best place for this may be ebay, because I can't even count in my hand how many people would even be interested in this.

Good luck really.

pmilligan

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2009

Thanks a lot - it has been done a lot already, but I have done a lot of research and I think that I have probably the best NES PC mod out there. I think that the window, lighting etc really make it stand out among Nintendo mods. One without any of the accessories I am offering and with inferior specs just sold for $389 on eBay - I was hoping to avoid eBay due to the final value fee + PayPal fee that would take a large chunk out of it.

I am an eBay PowerSeller, however, if anyone is interested in buying this and wishes to see my feedback:

http://myworld.ebay.com/milligangames

Thanks for the post AAA :)

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

You're welcome. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.