Wireless internet problems

have a Netgear wireless router - 54 Mbit, and then i have ADSL installed
and the internet works fine. Ive connected the whole thing like this:
Netgear wireless PCMCIA-netcard connects to the router and that works fine,
then i have connected the Netgear router to the ADSL box ofcourse in the
UPlink stick, and then i have connected my Desktop PC to the router with a
LAN cable which also works fine i can access the internet fine, BUT when i
try to go on the net with both computers it isnt possible. The internet
settings is "PPoe" (spelled wrong the other than DHCP), and i have to call
up and log on a network before accessing the internet but when one computer
is on the net i cant do this, please help. Ive tried some stuff:

Changed the ínternet settings on 1 off the computers to not to dial when a
connection is present, that didnt work.
Tried the automatic detect settings in LAN settings.

on my ISP's homepage they say that it should be possible to connect more
computers to the router, but what am i missing.

Thx Nichlas Holm Joergensen
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless internet problems

    Your message was VERY confusing, however, I'll try my best to assist
    in your setup. The DSL modem should be connected to the WAN port of
    the router. Afterwards, connect the Desktop PC to one of the LAN
    ports on the router. Once you've done that, attempt to gain access to
    the router's menu by typing in 192.168.0.1 or a variation thereof from
    your browser's address window. (see manual for exact IP address to
    type). Once you've gained access to your router's menu, enable
    wireless mode. I suggest you change the SSID to a name of your choice
    and make sure it is the same in the wireless card's utility or Windows
    wireless Zero Configuration utility. Enable DHCP, save the changes
    then logout of the router's menu. Try and get on the internet with
    each PC then both PCs at the same time. If you'll be using the
    wireless configuration utility that came with your wireless card, then
    make sure you disable the windows wireless zero config utility (I am
    assuming you're using windows xp). After you've successfully
    completed your task, log back into the router's menu and make more
    changes for security purposes, i.e. enable WEP or WPA, MAC addrress
    filtering, change the default login password, etc.

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:26:08 +0200, "Carbonn" <carbonn_85@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > have a Netgear wireless router - 54 Mbit, and then i have ADSL installed
    >and the internet works fine. Ive connected the whole thing like this:
    >Netgear wireless PCMCIA-netcard connects to the router and that works fine,
    >then i have connected the Netgear router to the ADSL box ofcourse in the
    >UPlink stick, and then i have connected my Desktop PC to the router with a
    >LAN cable which also works fine i can access the internet fine, BUT when i
    >try to go on the net with both computers it isnt possible. The internet
    >settings is "PPoe" (spelled wrong the other than DHCP), and i have to call
    >up and log on a network before accessing the internet but when one computer
    >is on the net i cant do this, please help. Ive tried some stuff:
    >
    >Changed the ínternet settings on 1 off the computers to not to dial when a
    >connection is present, that didnt work.
    >Tried the automatic detect settings in LAN settings.
    >
    >on my ISP's homepage they say that it should be possible to connect more
    >computers to the router, but what am i missing.
    >
    >Thx Nichlas Holm Joergensen

Wireless Internet Internet Wireless Networking