error by startup Windows XP-Home

since i installed sp2 on the pc a popup window appaers by starting up with
the following text : system error cannot find "smresdll.dll" . How can i
fix that ?? thanks for reply.
1 answer Last reply
More about error startup windows home

    Hi

    I can't find any info. about that file.

    Have you virus checked your system with the latest definitions for your Anti
    Virus program?

    Also please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "woodstock" <woodstock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > since i installed sp2 on the pc a popup window appaers by starting up with
    > the following text : system error cannot find "smresdll.dll" . How can
    > fix that ?? thanks for reply.

Windows XP System Error Microsoft