Alan Wake - delayed until 2009

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Yes folks the word is it wont be out until sometime in 2009...

"According to reports coming from a recent Microsoft Gamers Day in San Francisco, Alan Wake has been delayed yet again. The game is now aiming for a 2009 release date.

Described as a free-roaming, psychological thriller, Alan Wake was first announced three years ago by Remedy Entertainment. The Max Payne developer first unveiled the game at E3 2005 back when E3 was still worth talking about.

The game was described as having an incredibly detailed light and physics engine and being set around the six square miles surrounding the town of Bright Falls, where the titular character becomes embroiled in something strange and sinister.

The game was later announced as a PC and Xbox 360 exclusive after that, but since then it has been very quiet.

TVG is reporting though that the game is curiously absent from the current show in San Fran though and that a Microsoft spokesperson has confirmed the game won't see a release this year.

Who knows, maybe Alan Wake is too busy hanging out with his good friend Duke Nukem Forever, eh?"

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/05/14/alan-wake-delayed-until-2009/1

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
There's a lot of games like this one who just keeps teasing its public. There's Project Offset who's exactly in the same boat. Hype can only last for so long, and 4 years a getting a little too long. I was much more excited about that game in 2005 than I am today. Its graphics can be compared to its similar games IMO nowadays and it just becomes less and less appealing.

Well thats too bad. I would have liked to see their spinoff outside of the Max Payne realm.

BTW they have a release date for a Max Payne movie set for this year, near the end.

Makes me wounder. I hope he says hi to Duke for me though. We always miss him.