Missing .dll file

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

When running a program integrity program, I get the following problem
message. "C:\Program
files\Professional\Runtime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe cannot access
file mscoree.dll. What does this mean and what can I do to correct?
5 answers Last reply
More about missing file
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    You'll have to download and install ".NET Framework"
    to correct the missing "mscoree.dll". Or you can choose
    to ignore the "problem message" altogether as it is not
    a critical file.

    Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

    Error: "Missing file: 'C:\ . . . \DotNetInstaller.exe' cannot access
    a necessary file . . ." after running WinDoctor
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2002112512224107?Open&src=ap_hot&docid=2003051214191107&nsf=nsw.nsf&view=docid/2003051214191107?opendocument&src=ap_hot&prod=norton%20systemworks&%20ver=2003%20professional%20edition%20for%20windows%25%3Cbr%20/%3E202000/me/98/xp&stg=2&base=http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_ap/techsupp/nsys&dtype=&prod=Norton%20SystemWorks&%20ver=2003%20Professional%20Edition%20for%20Windows%25%3Cbr%20/%3E202000/Me/98/XP&osv=&osv_lvl=

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Tex" wrote:

    | When running a program integrity program, I get the following problem
    | message. "C:\Program
    | files\Professional\Runtime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe cannot access
    | file mscoree.dll. What does this mean and what can I do to correct?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Carey,
    Thanks, that fixed the problem. That was a quick turn.
    Tex

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You'll have to download and install ".NET Framework"
    > to correct the missing "mscoree.dll". Or you can choose
    > to ignore the "problem message" altogether as it is not
    > a critical file.
    >
    > Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
    >
    > Error: "Missing file: 'C:\ . . . \DotNetInstaller.exe' cannot access
    > a necessary file . . ." after running WinDoctor
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2002112512224107?Open&src=ap_hot&docid=2003051214191107&nsf=nsw.nsf&view=docid/2003051214191107?opendocument&src=ap_hot&prod=norton%20systemworks&%20ver=2003%20professional%20edition%20for%20windows%25%3Cbr%20/%3E202000/me/98/xp&stg=2&base=http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_ap/techsupp/nsys&dtype=&prod=Norton%20SystemWorks&%20ver=2003%20Professional%20Edition%20for%20Windows%25%3Cbr%20/%3E202000/Me/98/XP&osv=&osv_lvl=
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > "Tex" wrote:
    >
    > | When running a program integrity program, I get the following problem
    > | message. "C:\Program
    > | files\Professional\Runtime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe cannot access
    > | file mscoree.dll. What does this mean and what can I do to correct?
    >
    >
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    You're welcome...glad to help!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Tex" wrote:

    | Carey,
    | Thanks, that fixed the problem. That was a quick turn.
    | Tex
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I have installed norton 2004 and I still get message that I have no anti
    virus installed. Please help me.
    Lyn
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    "lyn" <lyn539@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
    news:D1DFF21A-8642-43B9-94F7-17BE2FAE4C9B@microsoft.com...
    >
    > I have installed norton 2004 and I still get message that I have no anti
    > virus installed. Please help me.
    > Lyn


    Open Norton Anti-Virus 2004 and run Live Update. Install updates.

    Note: Symantec has a WMI update to fixed your communication problem with
    Windows XP SP-2 Security Center. Symantec had some problems with the WMI
    fix. A new version is now available for Norton Anti-Virus 2005. Hopefully,
    one is also available for your version. Your Norton Anti-virus 2004 is
    still working. The problem is that the program does not have the interface
    to tell the Security Center that it is working.

    Don
Ask a new question

Read More

Runtime Microsoft DLL Windows XP