Help for Hardcore Kasmir Pleeze - And me too!

My friend Kasmir is making a HC Furysin and it has been explained to
him how he can place skill points. I think he has a map made. Other
ideas may be helpful.

He got himself a Blessed Aim merc. After he and I discussed mercs, he
decided he was going to get defense, then turned around and got the BA
merc. Does BA help the BF attack rating or does that thing hit all the
time? Well at any rate the BA will help all the mercs in the party, and
Caal's druid and minions and I think Caal has a defiance merc so if the
3 of us are together we have one of each - I have a prayer merc for my
enchantress.

For future reference does BA help BF? My guess is "no".

Also I assume that Fire Mastery helps increase the damage that enchant
adds to weapons..

I created an enchantress on an account that me, Kasmir and Caal share.

With the extra PCs we have at our disposal, this seemed like a good
idea to be able to throw her into town and just pop out to charge us up
whenever needed. She just hit level 18 so she is no longer a virgin
when it comes to enchanting. :)

To max echant, warmth and Fire mastery it appears that level 57 through
at least NM radament will give her maximum enchant, disregarding +
skills. A non-lethal rush into hell will put her there to give us extra
pop during our journey through hell, when we arrive there. Please note
my use of the word "when" and not "if".

I don't see any point in playing her in the battle areas of Hell or
even NM once she is maxed on the enchanting ability. Being an
"enchantress" she has other assets far more valuable, if you catch my
drift.

Orion Ryder

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 07:59:13 -0800, Orion Ryder wrote:

> My friend Kasmir is making a HC Furysin and it has been explained to
> him how he can place skill points. I think he has a map made. Other
> ideas may be helpful.
>
> He got himself a Blessed Aim merc. After he and I discussed mercs, he
> decided he was going to get defense, then turned around and got the BA
> merc. Does BA help the BF attack rating or does that thing hit all the
> time? Well at any rate the BA will help all the mercs in the party, and
> Caal's druid and minions and I think Caal has a defiance merc so if the
> 3 of us are together we have one of each - I have a prayer merc for my
> enchantress.
>
> For future reference does BA help BF? My guess is "no".

Yes, it will help him a lot on higher levels if he gets that
far as there is no skill based way to upgrade the AR of
BF for non-claw weapons and for claw weapons the AR boost
of claw mastery is not enough.

> Also I assume that Fire Mastery helps increase the damage that enchant
> adds to weapons..

Yep. The AR from enchant will help him hit also.

> I created an enchantress on an account that me, Kasmir and Caal share.
>
> With the extra PCs we have at our disposal, this seemed like a good
> idea to be able to throw her into town and just pop out to charge us up
> whenever needed. She just hit level 18 so she is no longer a virgin
> when it comes to enchanting. :)
>
> To max echant, warmth and Fire mastery it appears that level 57 through
> at least NM radament will give her maximum enchant, disregarding +
> skills. A non-lethal rush into hell will put her there to give us extra
> pop during our journey through hell, when we arrive there. Please note
> my use of the word "when" and not "if".
>
> I don't see any point in playing her in the battle areas of Hell or
> even NM once she is maxed on the enchanting ability. Being an
> "enchantress" she has other assets far more valuable, if you catch my
> drift.

Didn't really catch the drift of your last paragraph.
If you are playing together you can loot the other person's
corpse in HC unless you are worried about both croaking at
the same time.

mark

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My friend Kasmir is making a HC Furysin and it has been explained to
> him how he can place skill points. I think he has a map made. Other
> ideas may be helpful.

One word; passives. I like to put a minimum of 3-5 hard points into dodge,
evade and avoid. Staying alive is job #1 in HC. Ideally you want 100%
Piercing to optimize LF. But don't put too many points into Pierce as you
might find/get a Razortail belt which has 66% piercing.

> He got himself a Blessed Aim merc. After he and I discussed mercs, he
> decided he was going to get defense, then turned around and got the BA
> merc. Does BA help the BF attack rating or does that thing hit all the
> time? Well at any rate the BA will help all the mercs in the party, and
> Caal's druid and minions and I think Caal has a defiance merc so if the
> 3 of us are together we have one of each - I have a prayer merc for my
> enchantress.

BA is fine for normal difficulty. I suggest he get a Holy Freeze (NM
Defense) merc when he gets to NM A2. That will slow the baddies down and
help him survive.

> Also I assume that Fire Mastery helps increase the damage that enchant
> adds to weapons..

Yes, FM increases the damage of Enchant. For the Enchantress herself, it
increases her Enchant damage double for melee attacks. Once for the initial
cast, then again it is applied when hitting. Similarly, Ltg mastery and Cold
Mastery also multiply her lightning and cold damage when hitting in melee.

> I created an enchantress on an account that me, Kasmir and Caal share.
>
> With the extra PCs we have at our disposal, this seemed like a good
> idea to be able to throw her into town and just pop out to charge us up
> whenever needed. She just hit level 18 so she is no longer a virgin
> when it comes to enchanting. :)
>
> To max echant, warmth and Fire mastery it appears that level 57 through
> at least NM radament will give her maximum enchant, disregarding +
> skills. A non-lethal rush into hell will put her there to give us extra
> pop during our journey through hell, when we arrive there. Please note
> my use of the word "when" and not "if".
>
> I don't see any point in playing her in the battle areas of Hell or
> even NM once she is maxed on the enchanting ability. Being an
> "enchantress" she has other assets far more valuable, if you catch my
> drift.

Or, you could use the one I built already. She's on my Bongo-Fury2 account,
which you have access to. She's got all the levels and skills, but she's a
little shy on gear. After an hour of shopping she was only able to find a +2
Enchant staff. So she could have a slightly better Leaf staff. A +3 fire
skills Ammy and Circlet would really help her out as well. Add in a pair of
Magefist gloves, and some + skills armor and she'll be excellent for buffing
up characters.

When do you guys usually play? I'm only on sporatically, but anytime I have
been on lately I haven't seen any of you, and I do look. Would you like/be
able to schedule a regular weekly game? Nothing as formal as the untwinked
team. But a designated time each week when whomever is available would know
there would be a game.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Orion Ryder wrote:

Saw that you referred to ab games. There's a really good BF guide on
the AB forum.

> For future reference does BA help BF? My guess is "no".

As above, yes.

> Also I assume that Fire Mastery helps increase the damage that
enchant
> adds to weapons..

Yes but only once. For the double application, try looking on the AB
Sorc forum. There's a nice enchantress guide there.

Enchantress is one of the best things for a BF sin as AR is really hard
to come by, as noted above.

> I created an enchantress on an account that me, Kasmir and Caal
share.

> With the extra PCs we have at our disposal, this seemed like a good
> idea to be able to throw her into town and just pop out to charge us
up
> whenever needed. She just hit level 18 so she is no longer a virgin
> when it comes to enchanting. :)

Big jump next level though, she gets a nice "Leaf" staff. +6 to
enchant.

> To max echant, warmth and Fire mastery it appears that level 57
through
> at least NM radament will give her maximum enchant, disregarding +
> skills.

Max chant requires 62 Skill points, so if you do all skill points
quests up to act 2 nm, then it will require lvl 55. I guess that's what
you were talking about.

Yeah, keeping her in town is a good idea. If you have enough computers,
you might as well also keep a BO barb in town too. He only needs to be
45 for max BO (he can use +3 WC weapons).

TRENDING THREADS