Recently installed XP Professional and am aware at thos moment of the
following problems.

* when scrolling, instead of a fluid movement, the oage scrolls in an
animated step movement which is disconcerting.

* My printer is not recognised

* I have lost all sound.

When viewing the device manage page I notice that there are one or two
programs with a question mark icon presumably indicating "not functioning or
loaded"

Any help would be appreciated - in simple terms please as I tend to use
programmes and not experienced at adjusting them.

Norman West

Remove/delete the bad entries in the device manager. Also see if you have a
listing in the device manager for "other device", and delete all you find
under that. Reboot and let xp reinstall the devices.