Error Message

Every time windows starts I get this error message

RUNDLL cm1cfg cpl

I have searched for information about this problem without success
can anyone help
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    Hi Ally,

    First isolate the cause:

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    Once you know what is causing it, removing or resolving it becomes much
    easier.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Ally" <Ally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time windows starts I get this error message
    >
    > RUNDLL cm1cfg cpl
    >
    > I have searched for information about this problem without success
    > can anyone help

    If you meant... cmicnfg.cpl

    cmicnfg.cpl = system tray access for C-Media sound cards.

    Available via Start | Settings | Control Panel | Set to not start when
    Windows starts.

    However the same or similar file name can be used by spyware or adware
    programs to deceive the user. Scan your computer and eliminate possible
    threats.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:5AD93F20-EACF-4A34-8157-CA8726BC8677@microsoft.com,
    Ally <Ally@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Every time windows starts I get this error message
    >
    > RUNDLL cm1cfg cpl
    >
    > I have searched for information about this problem without success
    > can anyone help

Microsoft Error Message Rundll Windows XP