Age of Conan Early Access

hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
Well, looks like some people may have gotten screwed on their pre-order. If they would have read that there were limited number of early access maybe they would have jumped on it. Oh well I guess. Early access is supposed to start on the 17th of May. Anyone know what time? Is it midnight, afternoon, or what? I'm ready to play! :bounce:

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I hope midnight.

I will be staying up tonight to see.

I already payed ($5+$15 for a month), downloaded and installed the game. I don't know the full scope of what is going on because I am at work. Can anyone please post more information about this and not a link because I am limited to the sites I can visit because I am at work. Thanks

hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
What a nice beginning for AoC with a 3 hour delay, lol. I guess thats expected. Anyone go to the website? Says AoC should be up at 21 GMT. Not sure if that means the website or the game.

Kenelm

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
If you're still wondering, the servers are all up and working, much better than expected. It seems that Funcom made a miracle with the latest client, and everything works nearly flawlessly ; still some bugs, but it's much better than the beta.

Daskonig

Distinguished
May 18, 2008

You cant read something thats not there!

1) Funcom did not print disclaimers on some of there products. There appears to be 2 totally different boxes with pre-order cards that shipped. Some with and some without the disclaimer.

2) Funcom advertised that "All pre-orders will be granted early access". This statement can be found in numerous places on there web site.

3) Many online order sites stated that you get early access with the pre-order.

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
so its $5 to set up an account and $15 a month to keep it active?

I'd like to try this game, but 2 problems.

1. my system might not be up to it
3600+ dual core AMD and nVidia 7900gs

2. $50 for the game + $5 + $15/month = $295 for a year. thats too much.

do I have the costs right?

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

You might also want to invest in a calculator. I’m not sure where $295 comes from. First of all the $5 setup is only for the early access, which you can’t get now anyways. Plus the first month is free as with every other MMO. So a year would cost you $50 + $15*11 = $215. Also I’m sure they will have options where if you sign up for several months the cost will be less per month. Anyways how much RAM do you have and what OS are you running? 2GB with XP or more with Vista and you should be able to run it.

hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
Okay I'll give some of the early access complainers some credit (which would be me as well if I didn't get it). I didn't realize that you had to sign up for early access either becuase it was limited. But I read somewhere (I think on the main website) that there was a limited number and I rushed to order it thinking I was too late. It was posted but your right it should say it on the pre-order box cuz I'm pretty sure mine didn't say anything about it.

Any thoughts on the game so far? My only problem is the UI. I know that this game has been in production for 5 years but I wish they would have ugraded it a bit. It gets the job done though. It would also be nice to lock the toolbars but I haven't been through the options menu to see if I can.

The graphics on this game are awesome and questing is pretty basic. I'm not that far into the game yet and I never played the beta so maybe they get better.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I never considered buying the pre-order for early access, but did check it out both on the AoC site and EB games. I thought it was pretty clear there were a limited number of early access keys.