anti virus conflicts

I have no experience of XP(I run 98SE) but a close friend has just bought a
new comp. with Norton AV installed. He was also sold McAfee suite. He tried
to install McFee!! Now he cannot do anything. I am going to try to get his
machine back to the previous day's settings ie before his attempted install,
and then search for and delete any reference to McAfee. Then delete Norton.
Then install McAfee. But I anticipate problems for which I do not have
answers. Any suggestions will be most welcome.
--
pbh

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

What does " Now he cannot do anything" mean? Can he boot into Windows and
run system restore? Can he not boot and has he tried Last Good
Configuration? If you provide useful information when you post questions
there's a much better chance someone can help you.

--

"Peter2000" <Peter2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have no experience of XP(I run 98SE) but a close friend has just bought a
> new comp. with Norton AV installed. He was also sold McAfee suite. He
> tried
> to install McFee!! Now he cannot do anything. I am going to try to get his
> machine back to the previous day's settings ie before his attempted
> install,
> and then search for and delete any reference to McAfee. Then delete
> Norton.
> Then install McAfee. But I anticipate problems for which I do not have
> answers. Any suggestions will be most welcome.
> --
> pbh

Thankyou. I realised the info was short. I haven't got to his machine yet,
and he does not understand what to do even if I could tell him. I've noted
your comments and will attempt to get 'in' and solve problem, then give more
info if I have no success.