I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
make the ISO CD.
Please help

ISO Recorder
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

IsoBuster 1.6
http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Shulkie" wrote:

| I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
| boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
| make the ISO CD.
| Please help

Be cautious, as Alex's ISO Recorder does not function properly under SP2. If
that is installed, do not use this utility.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> ISO Recorder
> http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
>
> IsoBuster 1.6
> http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Shulkie" wrote:
>
> | I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I
> can't
> | boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite
> | make the ISO CD.
> | Please help

Hi

Have you burnt the ISO to a CD to make the CD bootable?

If you followed the directions at the following link, you should be able to
boot with the slipstreamed CD. I've had no problems with using nLite:

http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Shulkie" <Shulkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
> boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
> make the ISO CD.
> Please help

Hello,

Make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from your cd drive before your hard
drive. Or else it will never even look to your cd before booting the OS.

Michael Ortega

"Shulkie" <Shulkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
> boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
> make the ISO CD.
> Please help

Thanks guys. My error was in burning the ISO file as 'Data' and not an 'Image'

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

>Be cautious, as Alex's ISO Recorder does not function properly under SP2. If
>that is installed, do not use this utility.

He has a beta version on the page which does work in SP2 (but not as yet
in earlier versions). So you need to download the appropriate one