ISO Boot CD

I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
make the ISO CD.
Please help
6 answers Last reply
More about boot

    ISO Recorder
    http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

    IsoBuster 1.6
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Shulkie" wrote:

    | I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
    | boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
    | make the ISO CD.
    | Please help

    Be cautious, as Alex's ISO Recorder does not function properly under SP2. If
    that is installed, do not use this utility.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    > ISO Recorder
    > http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
    >
    > IsoBuster 1.6
    > http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Shulkie" wrote:
    >
    > | I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I
    > can't
    > | boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite
    > | make the ISO CD.
    > | Please help

    Hi

    Have you burnt the ISO to a CD to make the CD bootable?

    If you followed the directions at the following link, you should be able to
    boot with the slipstreamed CD. I've had no problems with using nLite:

    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Shulkie" <Shulkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
    > boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
    > make the ISO CD.
    > Please help

    Hello,

    Make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from your cd drive before your hard
    drive. Or else it will never even look to your cd before booting the OS.

    Michael Ortega

    "Shulkie" <Shulkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an ISO boot CD to upgrade XP Home SP2 to XP Pro. Problem is I can't
    > boot from the CD, XP starts normally. I used both AutoStream and nLite to
    > make the ISO CD.
    > Please help

    Thanks guys. My error was in burning the ISO file as 'Data' and not an 'Image'

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

    >Be cautious, as Alex's ISO Recorder does not function properly under SP2. If
    >that is installed, do not use this utility.

    He has a beta version on the page which does work in SP2 (but not as yet
    in earlier versions). So you need to download the appropriate one

Boot ISO CD-Rom Windows XP