Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Any good FPS that are coming out for PC???

Last response: in Video Games
May 21, 2008 1:31:39 AM

ok, now i recently just purchased a gaming pc and i was wondering if there are any good shooter games that are expected to come out within the next couple months....or should i not bother waiting and just get COD4?

i am a huge fan of online play. but i want something with good graphics too. I was looking into Fallout 3(there is still some time until that is released) but that looks pretty cool even though it is not fps.

Please let me know if anything new is coming out.

Thanks. :sol: 

More about : good fps coming

May 21, 2008 1:30:30 PM

Just get COD4.
Related resources
May 21, 2008 1:37:09 PM

You might also want to check out Quake Wars. The online action is great. I prefer it's objective based game play to COD4. Both are good games and worth the money though.
May 21, 2008 3:29:15 PM

good graphics - crysis, online play is average.
May 21, 2008 6:08:44 PM

hey, if you hack, Cryshitprotectio is GREAT!
May 21, 2008 7:47:41 PM

Far Cry 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines have my vote
May 21, 2008 9:20:28 PM

Crysis will stretch your machine's abilities to the breaking point and then promptly drop a 10,000lb weight on the overstretched surface. Its a beautiful game and if you are really into graphics it is nice. The gameplay itself was a bit "meh".

If you are into games that are more focused on gameplay with fast paced speed, you could go for something like TF2 or Unreal Tournament 3.

If you want all that fun gameplay and good graphics for free you should check out 2 games:

Warsow: www.warsow.net It has a "cyberpunk" look to it and uses cell shading. Looks pretty neat and is fun to play.

Nexuiz: http://alientrap.org/nexuiz/ This one plays kinda like a cross between quake 3 arena and Unreal Tournament. Lots of fun and you can really crank the graphics (to have things like HDR, dynamic lighting, light bloom, etc).

Both of those games have pretty active communities and are freely downloadable.

And then of course you have oldies but goodies like tribes/tribes2 and quake 3.

Go nuts!

-Zorak
May 21, 2008 10:11:10 PM

yeah, thanks guys. i think i might check out Quake. and maybe even crysis if i get the money for both.. but i would rather have good graphics and sick online play than sick graphics and good online play.
May 21, 2008 11:41:46 PM

nice..ill deff have to pickup Crysis asap. damn thats a steal. and ill see about Quake Wars..
May 22, 2008 2:16:32 AM

Quake Wars is very good IMO. The only game that matches the multiplayer experience is the original Enemy Territory. If you like good team play and progressive objectives you will get many many hours out of it. There is no deeper FPS game out there. . . Crysis I put under 20 hours into, but Quake Wars has given me over 100 hours of game play.

You might want to download Enemy Territory (the original), it's free and fun. If you like that type of game play you'll like quake wars.
May 22, 2008 2:17:12 AM

edit - double post
May 22, 2008 3:11:35 AM

Zorak said:
Crysis will stretch your machine's abilities to the breaking point and then promptly drop a 10,000lb weight on the overstretched surface. Its a beautiful game and if you are really into graphics it is nice. The gameplay itself was a bit "meh".

If you are into games that are more focused on gameplay with fast paced speed, you could go for something like TF2 or Unreal Tournament 3.

If you want all that fun gameplay and good graphics for free you should check out 2 games:

Warsow: www.warsow.net It has a "cyberpunk" look to it and uses cell shading. Looks pretty neat and is fun to play.

Nexuiz: http://alientrap.org/nexuiz/ This one plays kinda like a cross between quake 3 arena and Unreal Tournament. Lots of fun and you can really crank the graphics (to have things like HDR, dynamic lighting, light bloom, etc).

Both of those games have pretty active communities and are freely downloadable.

And then of course you have oldies but goodies like tribes/tribes2 and quake 3.

Go nuts!

-Zorak

I am thoroughly enjoying these games! Thx for the post.

Best,

3Ball
May 22, 2008 4:03:40 AM

i hear fallout 3 is coming out soon
they have both a first person view and third person view

Crysis all the way

screw unreal tournament 3, stick with ut2004 if anything. one the fastest paced games i have played. the other would be quake 3
May 22, 2008 7:03:12 AM

how but battlefield heroes (free download in Summer 2008) look good and funy
May 22, 2008 9:55:50 AM

Orange Box?
!