Poison Necro: Rethunk'd

I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting again.
Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more build
ideas :o)

According to the AS, with 3 pieces of the set I get -25% poison resist, and
an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade, I get
another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just about
double my poison damage.

Now, does it really work that way?

Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too, if it needs to be that high as well.
Are there any Poison Immunes that I can't break?

short - it will be awhile before this one gets started though, if ever
4 answers Last reply
More about poison necro rethunk

    "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in

    > I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting
    > again. Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out
    > some more build ideas :o)
    >

    > According to the AS, with 3 pieces of the set I get -25% poison
    > resist, and an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on
    > a Boneshade, I get another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks
    > like it would just about double my poison damage.
    >
    > Now, does it really work that way?
    >
    > Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too, if it needs to be that high as
    > well. Are there any Poison Immunes that I can't break?
    >

    > short - it will be awhile before this one gets started though, if ever

    And you can play Diablo at work? Holy moly.

    Diane

    short wrote:
    > I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting
    again.
    > Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more
    build
    > ideas :o)
    >

    > According to the AS, with 3 pieces of the set I get -25% poison
    resist, and
    > an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a
    Boneshade, I get
    > another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just
    about
    > double my poison damage.
    >
    > Now, does it really work that way?

    the long answer is....

    YES

    Mickey

    "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in
    >
    > > I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting
    > > again. Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out
    > > some more build ideas :o)
    > >

    > > According to the AS, with 3 pieces of the set I get -25% poison
    > > resist, and an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on
    > > a Boneshade, I get another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks
    > > like it would just about double my poison damage.
    > >
    > > Now, does it really work that way?
    > >
    > > Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too, if it needs to be that high as
    > > well. Are there any Poison Immunes that I can't break?
    > >

    > > short - it will be awhile before this one gets started though, if ever
    > >

    > And you can play Diablo at work? Holy moly.
    >
    > Diane

    No, I sure wish I could. I can access some of the d2 sites though :)

    short

    "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
    > I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting again.
    > Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more
    build
    > ideas :o)
    >

    > According to the AS, with 3 pieces of the set I get -25% poison resist,
    and
    > an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade, I
    get
    > another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just about
    > double my poison damage.
    >
    > Now, does it really work that way?
    >
    > Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too, if it needs to be that high as well.
    > Are there any Poison Immunes that I can't break?

    I'm a tad behind in my posts, but you have one problem that I see.
    Boneshade doesn't give -40% poison resist. :)

    Also there are a few poison immunes you can't break. You can't do anything
    to those serpent things that come out of the water in act 3. Also you can't
    break the vipers in the WSK. I think there's a type of those rotting corpse
    dudes you can't break too. You also can't break the venom lords that spawn
    in the thrown room.

Games Diablo Video Games