ps3 ethernet cable is not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Ive been trying to get PSN to work but i cant. I originally hooked my cable to the router and it gave me a message saying, "an ethernet cable is not connected". I thought it might be my cable so i went out and bought another one but the message didn't stop appearing. Then i tried a differnt router but it still continued to happen. Ive been trying to figure this out for hours but it's no use. Any help would be appreciated.

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I forgot to mention that when the ethernet cable is connected the message saying "an ethernet cable is not connected" constantly blinks. The router slot aswell keeps blinking instead of just staying still.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Have u tried setting up your network connections manually on the ps3?

Best,

3Ball

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

Yes, I would get failed connections but when it started to say successful it said i had to update my system but when i tried it wouldn't and i started to get failed connections again.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
That sounds like a busted pin. Take a close look at the ethernet port on your PS3 and see if one of those 8 pins is missing, bent, or broken. If so, call support and see if you can get them to fix/replace it.

theot13

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

I just checked and there all perfect.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
And was the computer able to browse the internet on that connection and did it obtain an IP address from the router?

If so, I'd call Sony's tech support because you have just proven that the cable and router are definitely working in the current configuration.

If not, then I'd say it's pretty obvious what direction to start troubleshooting.

goldfish769

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
it must have something to do with the router. i recieved a new playstation 3 and it still has the same problem. i changed all the cables too but i still have this problem. i am using a D-link wireless router with 4 ports on the back and the playstation does not work in any of these ports.

ErDraug

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
I got the same problem and have tried different Routers and Cables...
It connects to the router wireless but with cable it does not work.

The reason I wan't cable is because it laggs for me when streaming certain videos to the ps3.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.