oops deleted from start menu

help it seems i have deleted accessories and all its contennts from programs
in xp start menu.
including games ie.. solitare etc.. can i download from a sight or download
and run a program to tell me whats missing and fix it please help im new to
this .thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about oops deleted start menu

    These are only shortcuts to actual programs.

    Just copy from the Administrator's Accessories folder.

    Open...
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    In right hand pane Ctrl + A (selects all)
    Right click | Copy
    Open...
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    In right hand pane
    Right click | Paste
    ------

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    Should have...
    Accessibility:
    Magnifier
    Narrator
    On-Screen Keyboard
    Utility Manager
    --
    Entertainment:
    Windows Media Player

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:7269063F-445F-4AF4-A625-CD97D7EE995A@microsoft.com,
    tony <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > help it seems i have deleted accessories and all its contennts from
    > programs in xp start menu.
    > including games ie.. solitare etc.. can i download from a sight or
    > download and run a program to tell me whats missing and fix it please
    > help im new to this .thanks

    Or, you could go to Start>Control Panel>add/remove programs>add remove
    windows components> then, on the accessories option, click details, and
    place a mark next to all you are missing. Hit Okay, or apply, I can't
    remember which.

    > These are only shortcuts to actual programs.
    >
    > Just copy from the Administrator's Accessories folder.
    >
    > Open...
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    > In right hand pane Ctrl + A (selects all)
    > Right click | Copy
    > Open...
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    > In right hand pane
    > Right click | Paste
    > ------
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
    > Should have...
    > Accessibility:
    > Magnifier
    > Narrator
    > On-Screen Keyboard
    > Utility Manager
    > --
    > Entertainment:
    > Windows Media Player
    > --
    > Address Book
    > Command Prompt
    > Notepad
    > Program Compatibility Wizard
    > Synchronize
    > Tour Windows XP
    > Windows Explorer
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:7269063F-445F-4AF4-A625-CD97D7EE995A@microsoft.com,
    > tony <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > help it seems i have deleted accessories and all its contennts from
    > > programs in xp start menu.
    > > including games ie.. solitare etc.. can i download from a sight or
    > > download and run a program to tell me whats missing and fix it please
    > > help im new to this .thanks

Download Start Menu Windows XP