oops deleted from start menu

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

help it seems i have deleted accessories and all its contennts from programs
in xp start menu.
including games ie.. solitare etc.. can i download from a sight or download
and run a program to tell me whats missing and fix it please help im new to
this .thanks

These are only shortcuts to actual programs.

Just copy from the Administrator's Accessories folder.

Open...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
In right hand pane Ctrl + A (selects all)
Right click | Copy
Open...
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
In right hand pane
Right click | Paste
------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories
Should have...
Accessibility:
Magnifier
Narrator
On-Screen Keyboard
Utility Manager
--
Entertainment:
Windows Media Player

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:7269063F-445F-4AF4-A625-CD97D7EE995A@microsoft.com,
tony <tony@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> help it seems i have deleted accessories and all its contennts from
> programs in xp start menu.
> including games ie.. solitare etc.. can i download from a sight or
> download and run a program to tell me whats missing and fix it please
> help im new to this .thanks

Or, you could go to Start>Control Panel>add/remove programs>add remove
windows components> then, on the accessories option, click details, and
place a mark next to all you are missing. Hit Okay, or apply, I can't
remember which.