10 second pause to get to "Task Manager" WHY?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Why do most of our machines take nearly 10 seconds to display the "task
manager" after we do "ctrl-alt-delete" and choose "task manager"? Haven't
seen this behavior before until winxpSP2. This is on several types of
hardware, all winxpSP2.

Dave Niemeyer
1 answer Last reply
More about pause task manager
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    See link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;842628

    Andre
    "Dave Niemeyer" <nospamdniemeye@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Why do most of our machines take nearly 10 seconds to display the "task
    > manager" after we do "ctrl-alt-delete" and choose "task manager"? Haven't
    > seen this behavior before until winxpSP2. This is on several types of
    > hardware, all winxpSP2.
    >
    > Dave Niemeyer

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP