10 second pause to get to "Task Manager" WHY?

October 17, 2004 6:37:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Why do most of our machines take nearly 10 seconds to display the "task
manager" after we do "ctrl-alt-delete" and choose "task manager"? Haven't
seen this behavior before until winxpSP2. This is on several types of
hardware, all winxpSP2.

Dave Niemeyer

More about : pause task manager

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 6:45:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

See link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;842628

Andre

!