Paladin build

Hello everybody,

I have never tried a Paladin and have heard that it isn't the easiest
character to play!

What skills would be the ones to go for? Hammers, vengeance or a third?

What auras?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thomas
3 answers Last reply
More about paladin build

    In article <4230194b$0$48735$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk>,
    Thomas \(6100\) <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:
    >Hello everybody,
    >
    >I have never tried a Paladin and have heard that it isn't the easiest
    >character to play!

    Depends on what you want. As far as melee goes, I actually understood it's
    one of the more powerful characters. But keep in mind melee is a very
    risky route, due to some of the characters and their spells/curses you can
    encounter.

    >What skills would be the ones to go for? Hammers, vengeance or a third?
    >
    >What auras?

    If you go for a Hammerdin, you need to max Blessed Hammer and all it's
    synergies. You also need the Concentrate aura, max it.

    A zealadin goes for Zeal/Sacrifice (synergy), and usually the Fanaticism
    aura. Vengeance is a nice backup skill for Physical Immunes.

    Just type some term in Google, and you'll find plenty of guides detailing
    all kinds of Paladin builds and their pros/cons.

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:56:50 +0100, "Thomas \(6100\)"
    <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote:

    >I have never tried a Paladin and have heard that it isn't the easiest
    >character to play!

    Hammerdins are so easy in 1.10, many people think they are boring.

    >What skills would be the ones to go for? Hammers, vengeance or a third?

    The usual choice are hammers with Concentration, BA and Vigor, or Zeal
    with Sacrifice and Fanaticism.

    -- Roy L

    "Thomas (6100)" <hvaselineXXX@webspeed.dk> wrote in message

    > I have never tried a Paladin and have heard that it isn't the easiest
    > character to play!

    Not exactly. A hammerdin is considered one of the most overpowered and
    easiest builds in the entire game. And a well built, well equipped zealot is
    VERY near the top of the heap for melee characters.

    > What skills would be the ones to go for? Hammers, vengeance or a third?

    Depends on the build. The standard melee pallies usually max Zeal,
    Fanatacism, Sacrifice and Holy Shield then get at least 1 point in Vigor,
    Vengeance(for physical immunes), and rest of points in either Defiance.
    Hammerdins max Blessed Hammer, Vigor, Blessed Aim, Concentration, and get at
    least 1 point in Holy Shield.

    There are other builds though, elemental zealots, avengers, rangers...the 2
    above are just the most common.

    > What auras?

    Fanatacism is most common primary aura for zealot, Concentration is only
    primary aura for hammerdin.

    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Thomas