Windows Logo Screen

October 18, 2004 12:05:56 AM

I am using Windows XP Home and installed SP2 from automatic download. It
has been down loading for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I did the install this
afternoon, rebooted and ran Chk Disk.

On the Windows Logo screen (Splash screen) that you get just before the
"welcome" screen It now reads "Windows XP". Before SP2 it read "Windows XP
Home Edition".

Is this as it should be or did I get short changed on the down load???

Thank you,
Bob

--
To reply by EMail: Delete -remove to reply- from my address

More about : windows logo screen

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 12:05:57 AM

Hello Bob,
Nope, everything's as it should be. You'll also notice that the "crawler"
bar is now blue instead of green.

Colin.

"Bob Havens" wrote:

> I am using Windows XP Home and installed SP2 from automatic download. It
> has been down loading for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I did the install this
> afternoon, rebooted and ran Chk Disk.
>
> On the Windows Logo screen (Splash screen) that you get just before the
> "welcome" screen It now reads "Windows XP". Before SP2 it read "Windows XP
> Home Edition".
>
> Is this as it should be or did I get short changed on the down load???
>
> Thank you,
> Bob
>
> --
> To reply by EMail: Delete -remove to reply- from my address

Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:11:53 AM

Hi,

This is normal, and is directly due to the installation of SP2. It does this
to all XP systems, regardless of version (Home, Pro, MCE, etc.).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bob Havens" <bhavens@flash-removetoreply-.net> wrote in message
> I am using Windows XP Home and installed SP2 from automatic download. It
> has been down loading for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I did the install this
> afternoon, rebooted and ran Chk Disk.
>
> On the Windows Logo screen (Splash screen) that you get just before the
> "welcome" screen It now reads "Windows XP". Before SP2 it read "Windows
> XP Home Edition".
>
> Is this as it should be or did I get short changed on the down load???
>
> Thank you,
> Bob
>
> --
> To reply by EMail: Delete -remove to reply- from my address
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 1:54:47 AM

Thank you, Bob