Sign in with
Your question

Aliens: Colonial Marines!

Last response: in Video Games
May 24, 2008 2:39:19 AM

Hey Rob, get us some exclusive info on Aliens: Colonial Marines!

Gearbox and SEGA for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
May 25, 2008 3:20:13 AM

"Game over, man! GAME OVER!!!"

I usually don't take requests, but I'm a huge Aliens fan, so hopefully I'll have more info soon.
May 25, 2008 3:43:32 AM

hells yeah! I have been drooling over this game since it was announced, just remember to be inside after dark, they come out at night mostly, mostly.
Related resources
May 25, 2008 8:18:18 PM

Any news on the Aliens RPG which Obsidian is supposed to be working on?
I wonder if it'll be more like NWN 2 / KoToR or more like Mass Effect.
May 26, 2008 12:32:35 AM

I was talking about this on a clan forum. Someone asked what our dream FPS would be. I immediately thought of an Aliens FPS. Then I googled and realized one was in the pipe.

Picture TF2 or BF2142 even, with larger maps, and THREE teams, not just two. A server could have 16 Marines vs 16 Aliens vs 8 or so Predators. Each team with it's own objectives, completely different from each other's. It could be fantastically chaotic and fun. Marines coming in to a hot LZ on a drop ship, xenomorphs running around, using blitzkrieg like attacks and ambushing them. Predator's causing mass chaos of their own..... I get pumped just thinking about it. CHECK THOSE CORNERS, CHECK THOSE CORNERS!

Anyone remember the Aliens Doom Mod? It had sound clips from the Aliens movie, and great maps. It was the first game that actually scared the daylights out of me. AvP 1 and 2 were pretty good too. Fox Interactive made them, and playing an Alien was awesome, the run speed, ability to climb walls and ceilings was revolutionary, but the AI sucked. The predator was fun too.

I'm not as big a Predator fan as an Alien fan, and I'm so stoked about Aliens: CM. I just hope they realize how much of a fanatical interest some people have in those movies and that it's a great release.
May 27, 2008 12:53:04 AM

jvandecar said:
I was talking about this on a clan forum. Someone asked what our dream FPS would be. I immediately thought of an Aliens FPS. Then I googled and realized one was in the pipe.

Picture TF2 or BF2142 even, with larger maps, and THREE teams, not just two. A server could have 16 Marines vs 16 Aliens vs 8 or so Predators. Each team with it's own objectives, completely different from each other's. It could be fantastically chaotic and fun. Marines coming in to a hot LZ on a drop ship, xenomorphs running around, using blitzkrieg like attacks and ambushing them. Predator's causing mass chaos of their own..... I get pumped just thinking about it. CHECK THOSE CORNERS, CHECK THOSE CORNERS!

Anyone remember the Aliens Doom Mod? It had sound clips from the Aliens movie, and great maps. It was the first game that actually scared the daylights out of me. AvP 1 and 2 were pretty good too. Fox Interactive made them, and playing an Alien was awesome, the run speed, ability to climb walls and ceilings was revolutionary, but the AI sucked. The predator was fun too.

I'm not as big a Predator fan as an Alien fan, and I'm so stoked about Aliens: CM. I just hope they realize how much of a fanatical interest some people have in those movies and that it's a great release.

That sounds like a real good idea to me, but I personally prefer predator to alien... lol

Best,

3Ball
May 27, 2008 11:22:20 AM

Did any of you guys ever play Preditor tag? That was such fun
May 28, 2008 2:10:56 PM

I'd like to see a version of this game like Oblivion using the Euphoria engine.
Is it possible? I dunno. It'd be better than Havoc though.
May 28, 2008 3:49:41 PM

AvP and AvP2 were hella fun, I should look for those in the bargain bins..
May 29, 2008 12:22:19 AM

Predator tag? Never heard of it, what's it about?

Yah, I reinstalled AvP a few days ago, was concerned it wouldn't install on Vista 64, but no problems, no bugs. Love it!

J
May 29, 2008 7:30:29 AM

One player is the preditor alll the rest are marines. Whoever killed the preditor became the preditor.

Good fun (for 3 minutes till it crashed lol )
May 29, 2008 2:39:04 PM

robwright said:
"Game over, man! GAME OVER!!!"

I usually don't take requests, but I'm a huge Aliens fan, so hopefully I'll have more info soon.

I'm nagging both Sega and Gearbox about it, so hopefully someone here at TG will get the goodz ;) 
May 30, 2008 10:35:29 PM

There needs to be a good Aliens game that comes out to do the justice to the comics / books / movies. I too am a Aliens and Predator fan. Dont get me started on all of the Aliens and AvP comics that I have.

If a developer could take some time and make a decent game....like up to half life / unreal tournement / battlefield standards....and NOT just do the spin off crapola movie-game version ...that would be pretty amazing.
!