Need help in acc for PC Gaming

ZORBIT26

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I am wanting to get into PC Gaming and trying to get setup, can anyone advise me, do i need a Gaming keyboard as well as a Gaming Mouse??

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
any keyboard will do, most gamers prefer a razor mouse or a Logitech G5/G9...

the real question is what spec of sysem are you looking at?

ZORBIT26

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Thanks for info, asked a guy in PC world, he was a lot of good, hadent a clue. My computer is all geared up for Gaming as i wanted to get into it, but didnt know if i needed a Gaming keyboard as well as a Gaming mouse. Have already looked at the Logitec G7 Mouse as it has good reviews. I have got a Laptop all set up as I say for Gaming but wanted a separate keyboard (hence, do i need a Gaming one) So think now will get a good quality Keyboard and the Logitec G7.

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Entirely yourself, if i had the money i'd get the logitech g15, very nice keyboard version 1 is a little bigger and the lcd screen can be moved apparently, version 2 is more compact and the buttons are orange. But if you don't want to spend 70 dollars then any keyboard is fine, it will make little difference to gaming, the mouse is more important. I have 2 razer diamondbacks and love them, good for left or right handers.

ZORBIT26

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
So Maybe to ask a daft question but, if the Gaming mouse is more important, why do the sell Gaming Keyboards (sorry, just tring to understand)

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Putting the "gamer" tag on a product such as the keyboard means that they are going to make more sales since people will believe it will improve there game, generally though its all down to the marketing. keyboards are all the same, get one that you like preferably with media keys so you can play music while gaming and your all set. Not like a "gaming" mouse which will generally provide options to change the dpi, and store different profiles depending on what game you have loaded.

ZORBIT26

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Thanks for that, its very confusing but i am doing my homwork first to try and save money. can anyone tellme as i was looking in a store and didnt realise you can use a Game controller like Playstation 2, what would the difference be from a gaming mouse to useing one of them??

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i have my PS2 controller plugged into my computer using a USB adapter, and i only use it for flight sims and driving games. in general the mouse and keyboard are the best control method you can use for any game apart for the ones i just mentioned.