ASUS AVN8X + Dual channel DDR

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
i got some new components from newegg recently (great company by the way!), including an asus avn8x, an athlon xp2700, 2x256 corsair xms 3200, a thermalright slk-800 and an 80mm 5700rpm vantec tornado fan.

ok... well i read the stupid mobo manaul, but it dosnt say which slots to use if u want the dual channel feature.
which 2 slots should i use to get dual channel ddr?
it would be hard for me to tell if it was on or not, because programs like Sandra, cant show the benefits of dual channel.
1 thing that pisses me off though... in Sandra 2002 i ran the memory benchmark, the memory was set to 166mhz sync, and agressive timings, and i got about 2400mb/s.
compared with the built in value sandra has for a kt333 with ddr333 its slightly lower than what i got, but the built in values for kt333 with ddr400 are about 2700 or 2800mb/s.
so i went in bios and put the memory at 200, and aggressive timings, and no change in score!
but im pretty sure it took effect because under system summary it said 200mhz ddr.
is that normal? my system is pretty optimized and everything in good order, so ill be pissed if theres something wrong.

but my main question was how to get dual channel ddr:) (which slots)

The first LAN party I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me when I shot a crab in HL!

Ub3r_n00b

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2002
I've Never heard of the Asus AVN8X... I've heard of A7N8X (Nvidia) and I've heard of A7V8X (VIA), but not that one.

Anyways, fill the Blue slots (2&3) for Dual-DDR.

<font color=red> Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people. </font color=red> :wink: