Your question

How fast a CPU can I upgrade to?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Performance
  • CPUs
Last response: in Motherboards
January 4, 2003 1:23:11 PM

OK, this is my first post here so bear with me. I want to put a faster CPU in my Gateway Performance 700 Mhz. Mobo info i've gathered is:Intel (Tabor 3) BX mobo R3. p/n 4000532 (i think this is GW p/n) WS440BX version AA744110205. s/n ISWS94307805. I've asked GW but they all contradict each other. (if I can only go up to 850Mhz that won't be worth it)

More about : fast cpu upgrade

January 4, 2003 3:32:37 PM

Yo D,

Trust me, it won't be worth it. Get a whole new system. This is just my take without knowing what you are going to use this system for. My thinking is......for a little you can get the right cpu that you want......for a little more you can get the right mobo with modern features.........for a little more you can get higher bandwidth Ram..........& while you are at that you might as well get a new large/faster HDD..............oh wow!, you might as well keep that old system intact & sell it/ give it away & start with a clean slate & build it from the ground up yourself this time.

Just my take on your cpu upgrade. If it was a AMD socket A system, you would have a little more upgrading options, but I would still most likely say, keep it & get a whole new system...............unless you could explain to me how saying a few seconds on a app is that important to you.

Peace Out.....................tile

I wish my imaginary friends could give me better advice