Sign in with
Your question

Diablo 3 Rumor Dispelled

Last response: in Video Games
May 26, 2008 7:26:29 PM

Article by Kevin Parrish

Diablo fans were going nuts last week with rumors that Diablo 3 was going to be officially announced in an upcoming issue of PC Gamer Magazine. The rumor has officially been put to rest, but is Diablo 3 still in the works?

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/05/26/diablo3_rumor/

More about : diablo rumor dispelled

May 27, 2008 1:07:17 AM

I am actually more interested in what the actual announcement will be tbh. lol

Best,

3Ball
May 27, 2008 9:59:01 AM

3Ball said:
I am actually more interested in what the actual announcement will be tbh. lol

I second that one.

For once, well, im happy that isnt Diablo 3 going out for now. I can have a job, a home, a wife, a normal life.
I guess once diablo 3 comes out, everything else will be a far off memory.

No, im not a addict. NOWAI !!
Related resources
May 27, 2008 10:44:34 AM

I know a lot of people are predicting an announcement at Blizzard's 2008 Worldwide Invitational. But I don't think we will hear anything until after Wrath of the Lich King is released.

Radnor is right about everything else will be a far off memory when D3 comes out. I just hope when it does, it's the game we all hope it will be.
May 27, 2008 11:12:01 AM

Plus they need to finish Starcraft 2. That's funny. Is it wrong for me to enjoy watching rampant fanboy speculation get crushed?
May 27, 2008 4:01:37 PM

Unless they have a release for consoles as well, I would expect it to be an MMO, it is the only way they're going to make money off of it.

Blizzard would be stupid to not make a diablo 3, how could it not make money... people would play soley becuase of the name...Seems like a no brainer
May 27, 2008 4:30:43 PM

Like I told Rob when i originally wrote this article, if Diablo 3 is indeed the MMOG Blizzard is currently working on, it would seem likely that the game would follow the Guild Wars model: players would sign in to a free account and connect in-game via a virtual lobby (town, outpost, cave etc). There gamers could group together in a set of four for multiplayer questing, or venture out in solo mode with a NPC party (locally on the PC although still connected to the network).

If you think about it, it would be no different than Diablo or Diablo 2, just that the online multiplayer portion and offline single-player game would now be as one unit rather than separate "sections" as seen in the previous titles. Maybe that's why Blizzard hired on new Battle.net-specific employees ;) 
May 27, 2008 9:13:41 PM

Way to burst my bubble.
May 28, 2008 12:41:37 PM

Well, if/when/however Diablo 3 comes out, unlikely to position against WoW... a Guildwars/Hellgate game would work IMO... :D 
May 28, 2008 3:52:35 PM

Or like Guild Wars 2.. less instancing. Isn't the beta coming out for that real soon?

I must get in.. at all costs! (except money, maybe my soul?)
May 28, 2008 3:55:14 PM

I find it amusing that you seem more willing to consider spending your soul than your money ;-)

There has been one game by blizzard that I have not enjoyed. Warcraft 3. The upkeep system just killed it for me. I really hated that "feature".
May 28, 2008 6:41:48 PM

infornography42 said:
I find it amusing that you seem more willing to consider spending your soul than your money ;-)

There has been one game by blizzard that I have not enjoyed. Warcraft 3. The upkeep system just killed it for me. I really hated that "feature".

Same, upkeep, heroes, way too many spells and etc (even with auto cast) made multiplayer a pain for me. I enjoyed the single player campaign though. Too complicated for my simple brain, Starcraft, C&C, etc keeps it nice and simple.

About the soul.. in talks with Mephisto atm about a possible trade, I think he wants yours and about 99 more too, something about a giant Kraken and Davey Jones' locker, idk, what a drunk! :D 
May 28, 2008 7:20:24 PM

Well my soul is not available, I traded it for a copy of Masters of Orion 3 when it came out... imagine my disappointment.
May 29, 2008 10:53:52 AM

infornography42 said:
Well my soul is not available, I traded it for a copy of Masters of Orion 3 when it came out... imagine my disappointment.

Thats was a bad trade indeed. I played MoO e MoO Battle for Antares to death ( still play them :)  DOXBOX Rules).
Im saving mine for diablo 3 !!!
June 4, 2008 8:06:04 PM

The Diablo 3 rumor mill keeps turning...

According to this post over on DiabloFans, PC Action (Germany) is teasing readers with the same cryptic riddle PC Gamer threw out there weeks ago. However, this time, the words "hell" and "cows" were included.
Quote:
30.05.2008 10:55 - We found out some secret information about a much awaited game, from a very well known game developer, whom we can't name. Sounds extremely important, doesn't it? Let's say: Pure thought about it makes our bedsheets wet. Got any ideas? Post them in the comments. Even if the hell froze and cows gave beer - we would spill nothig out!

pcaction.de thinks: HAHA! we have seen the pictures and you have not!
I still say Diablo 3 is in the works and will utilize the Guild Wars multiplayer structure. It's very possible that Blizzard is letting these outlets release a little "slip" just to stir up the hype before they reveal the MMOG next month.
June 5, 2008 12:55:59 AM

Blizzcon '08 would be the perfect time for them to announce Diablo 3 :) 
June 5, 2008 1:47:29 AM

oh snap!
June 13, 2008 8:16:34 PM

Just to keep the pot boiling, this link to diabloii.net reports that Xfire will cover Blizzard's upcoming WWI 08 event live. However, here's the juicy part:
Quote:
Get behind the scenes with Xfire during WWI to:
Follow the opening ceremony and discover what new game will be announced in our chat rooms..
Is it Diablo 3 or not? Who knows at this point, but there are too many factors pointing to a new game unveiling at the event...
June 15, 2008 12:13:40 PM

Regardless I'll blindly believe in Diablo...

Rumour: Diablo 3 is coming in 2005
Me: I believe, I believe its coming!
Rumour: Diablo 3 releases in 2007
Blizzard: Its not true! Its not coming yet
Rumour: Diablo 3 is coming out in 2009
Blizzard: Yup, its coming!...
Me: See!..
Blizzard: ...but it won't run on a 690G...
Me: Aww!!!

That's the bleak outlook I face...

Seriously, Blizzard would stupid not release Diablo 3. Many fans haven't switched to WoW like me because it costs a monthly (or whatever) fee. It should be released as an optional thing and online Battle Net should be free.
June 15, 2008 2:55:31 PM

So what you are saying is the worst case scenario is Diablo 3 coming out as a paid subscription MMO.
June 15, 2008 3:02:40 PM

yup, blizzard would never abandon Diablo series but may just end up like what happened from Digimon adventure 1 to Digimon Frontier. I whole style and concepts changed but it retained the names and stuff. In the original the Digidestined had partner digimon, in Frontier they turned into digimon... (kinda like power rangers)

That my worst case scenario... Diablo coming out as a Wow clone with Diablo-like characters...
June 18, 2008 7:39:48 PM

I would hate to see Diablo III come out as a montly subscription MMO type of thing. As much as I want to play the game(if it comes out that is) I would not pay $15 a month for it. Other than that, Diablo II is pretty much an MMO anyways minus the fancy instancing, etc. (don't know much about MMOs as it is[back to the money thing]) so it wouldn't matter if it was branded as an MMO so long as I don't have to pay more than $60 total for it.

eh, my 2 cents anyways
June 19, 2008 6:02:07 AM

^ We have a MMO from Blizzard for that purpose, Warcraft... Battle net would be more suitable...
June 19, 2008 9:33:15 AM

Lets this thread die please....my heart stops a bit every time i see it updated. Bah, i hope D3 would never come out. I enjoy my life atm. Really.
June 30, 2008 6:31:06 PM

It is official! Say hello to the new age of collage flunkies and basement dwellers.
July 1, 2008 10:53:14 PM

Why, Hello there!
!