Atari wants TPM chips on motherboards

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Atari wants TPM or Trusted Platform Modules embedded on motherboards to fight piracy. Have they thought about some issues though? First of all, which motherboard manufacturing company will agree to that? Probably none, because simply no one will buy any of those motherboards. Who would fork out $500 to have a chip in his computer that doesn't know what it is actually doing? Big brother anyone? Or do i have to remind the company Intel's fiasco with the Serial Numbers embedded in it's Intel CPUs? And if they really think that chip is going to fight piracy, then yes, maybe it willdrop it 2%, and then motherboard manufacturers will have to cope some millions of dollars for supporting those extra features, so Atari or whoever want to put some extra dollars in their pockets! I don't think so!
Here is a message to Atari: If you want to fight piracy, make some decent games, at decent prices and people will actually buy them! If you keep producing crap and try to sell it for $100 a game, then piracy will continue to exist and to your surprise as a good measure to keep consumers from buying the actual product, which you didn't put enough effort in the first place!
I my self have found some games in the baskets for $10 and $5 dollars written either from you or another company, it doesn't matter, with so many bugs, and so dissapointing that i shouldn't have spent that $5 in the first place. Can you imagine paying a full price of $100 for such a game, and then you turn the back on your customers using cliched phrases like: "It was written for the hardcore players".

I am pissed off, and pi** off to you too!

All this reminds of of Creative's attitude. Just a bunch of scumms in the long process...

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Yea, I dont see this goin over so well! lol

Best,

3Ball