Log On, Log Off, Password Nonsense

Is there any way to eliminate this bother. I am the only user of my
computer and I see no reason to be required to deal with it.
1 answer Last reply
More about password nonsense

    You can use the following steps to enable automatic logon:

    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2 , and then click OK.
    3. In the dialog box that appears, clear the "Users must enter a user name
    and password to use this computer" check box, and then click OK.

    How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Betty Lake" wrote:

    | Is there any way to eliminate this bother. I am the only user of my
    | computer and I see no reason to be required to deal with it.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP