Checking MSN email with Mozilla browser

I just now, this evening, downloaded the Mozilla version 1.7.3 browser and
for the life of me cannot figure out how to check my MSN email with it.
Could someone please tell me how it's done? I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks!

Please consult MSN's help pages for the correct server settings
and you should be able to use your MSN email account with Mozilla Mail.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Bonanza50" wrote:

| I just now, this evening, downloaded the Mozilla version 1.7.3 browser and
| for the life of me cannot figure out how to check my MSN email with it.
| Could someone please tell me how it's done? I'd really appreciate it!
| Thanks!

For Bonana50
Checking MSN email with Outlook Express is as difficult as
using Mozilla because MSN wants you use their MSN Explorer.
You need to do several things...
your username should be entered as msn/username and you
need to use the proper SMTP and POP mail servers. I don't
remember the exact servers addresses, it has been over a
year since I stopped using MSN.com email, but it was
something like secure.email.pop.msn.com and
secure.email.smtp.msn.com

You can search Google and find server addresses and MSN
telephone support can tell you the settings you need.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
message news:%23JphCZYtEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| Please consult MSN's help pages for the correct server
settings
| and you should be able to use your MSN email account with
Mozilla Mail.

| --
| Carey Frisch
| Microsoft MVP
| Windows XP - Shell/User
|
| Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| "Bonanza50" wrote:
|
|| I just now, this evening, downloaded the Mozilla version
1.7.3 browser and
|| for the life of me cannot figure out how to check my MSN
email with it.
|| Could someone please tell me how it's done? I'd really
appreciate it!
|| Thanks!

found an old record, this is what I used to send email, MSN
was the ISP I was using, I did not check the pop account at
MSN.
secure.smtp.email.msn.com

I used that as the proxy server to send email with Yahoo and
other accounts, Hotmail was free and worked well with OE as
it was setup.

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
in message news:%23ncyNadtEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| For Bonana50
| Checking MSN email with Outlook Express is as difficult as
| using Mozilla because MSN wants you use their MSN
Explorer.
| You need to do several things...
| your username should be entered as msn/username and
you
| need to use the proper SMTP and POP mail servers. I don't
| remember the exact servers addresses, it has been over a
| year since I stopped using MSN.com email, but it was
| something like secure.email.pop.msn.com and
| secure.email.smtp.msn.com
|
| You can search Google and find server addresses and MSN
| telephone support can tell you the settings you need.
|

| --
| The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
| But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
|

| "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
| message news:%23JphCZYtEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
|| Please consult MSN's help pages for the correct server
| settings
|| and you should be able to use your MSN email account with
| Mozilla Mail.
|| --
|| Carey Frisch
|| Microsoft MVP
|| Windows XP - Shell/User
|| Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

|| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| "Bonanza50" wrote:
||| I just now, this evening, downloaded the Mozilla version
| 1.7.3 browser and
||| for the life of me cannot figure out how to check my MSN
| email with it.
||| Could someone please tell me how it's done? I'd really
| appreciate it!
||| Thanks!

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try and see what I can accomplish. I've only had
a computer a few weeks and I'm not too comfortable with it yet.

> found an old record, this is what I used to send email, MSN
> was the ISP I was using, I did not check the pop account at
> MSN.
> secure.smtp.email.msn.com
>
> I used that as the proxy server to send email with Yahoo and
> other accounts, Hotmail was free and worked well with OE as
> it was setup.

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> in message news:%23ncyNadtEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> | For Bonana50
> | Checking MSN email with Outlook Express is as difficult as
> | using Mozilla because MSN wants you use their MSN
> Explorer.
> | You need to do several things...
> | your username should be entered as msn/username and
> you
> | need to use the proper SMTP and POP mail servers. I don't
> | remember the exact servers addresses, it has been over a
> | year since I stopped using MSN.com email, but it was
> | something like secure.email.pop.msn.com and
> | secure.email.smtp.msn.com
> |
> | You can search Google and find server addresses and MSN
> | telephone support can tell you the settings you need.
> |

> | --
> | The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> | But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> |

> | "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
> | message news:%23JphCZYtEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> || Please consult MSN's help pages for the correct server
> | settings
> || and you should be able to use your MSN email account with
> | Mozilla Mail.
> || --
> || Carey Frisch
> || Microsoft MVP
> || Windows XP - Shell/User
> || Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

|| -------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
> | 1.7.3 browser and
> | email with it.
> | appreciate it!

I'm sorry Jim, but those server names won't work and I googled and googled
'til I'm blue in the face and I can't find the ones to use. Any other
thoughts?

"Bonanza50" <Bonanza_nospam_50@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try and see what I can accomplish. I've only
had
> a computer a few weeks and I'm not too comfortable with it yet.
>

> "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in message
> > found an old record, this is what I used to send email, MSN
> > was the ISP I was using, I did not check the pop account at
> > MSN.
> > secure.smtp.email.msn.com
> >
> > I used that as the proxy server to send email with Yahoo and
> > other accounts, Hotmail was free and worked well with OE as
> > it was setup.
> >

> > --
> > The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> >

> > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote
> > in message news:%23ncyNadtEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > | For Bonana50
> > | Checking MSN email with Outlook Express is as difficult as
> > | using Mozilla because MSN wants you use their MSN
> > Explorer.
> > | You need to do several things...
> > | your username should be entered as msn/username and
> > you
> > | need to use the proper SMTP and POP mail servers. I don't
> > | remember the exact servers addresses, it has been over a
> > | year since I stopped using MSN.com email, but it was
> > | something like secure.email.pop.msn.com and
> > | secure.email.smtp.msn.com
> > |
> > | You can search Google and find server addresses and MSN
> > | telephone support can tell you the settings you need.
> > |

> > | --
> > | The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
> > | But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
> > |

> > | "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in
> > | message news:%23JphCZYtEHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > | settings
> > | Mozilla Mail.
> > |
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> >

|| -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------
> > | 1.7.3 browser and
> > | email with it.
> > | appreciate it!

It is possible that you're stuck with using the MSN Explorer
to get the MSN email. (@msn.com)

But I just Googled ""msn email"+mozilla" and had what look
like some promising hits. Also reversed and used mozilla+msn
mail and got slightly different hits.

I did find this
http://mozilla.gunnars.net/mozfaq_use.html#access_msn_mail

a.. How can I use Mozilla to access (i.e. send and receive
email from) my MSN account?
A prerequisite for using MSN email with Mozilla is that you
need to have a paid MSN account, i.e. you either use them as
your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or you subscribe to MSN
as an add-on to your regular Internet Service (many Cable
providers offer MSN on top of their Internet Access). If you
only use MSN'S free services, you will need a third-party
program like e.g. Hotpopper to access your MSN email with
Mozilla.
If you do subscribe to MSN, you will need to use Mozilla
1.7b or up since older versions do not support MSN
authentication. Please consult MSN's help pages for the
correct server settings and you should be able to use your
MSN email account with Mozilla Mail.

Good luck

wrote in message
| > > found an old record, this is what I used to send
email, MSN
| > > was the ISP I was using, I did not check the pop
account at
| > > MSN.
| > > secure.smtp.email.msn.com
| > >
| > > I used that as the proxy server to send email with
Yahoo and
| > > other accounts, Hotmail was free and worked well with
OE as
| > > it was setup.
| > >

| > > --
| > > The people think the Constitution protects their
rights;
| > > But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| > >

| > > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > > in message
difficult as