Back in the saddle again

Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play World of
Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread that I think Orion or
Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd list a few of the characters I'm
now playing and thinking about playing (season 2 ladder), and a few of the
good finds and stuff.

Current active crew:

Shaeko, level 90 Orb/Fireball/Hydra Sorceress. Just a whisker off level 91.
My primary magic finder.

Ooba, level 86 Traps Assassin. Magic Find duties also.

Zaphack, level 85 Enchant/Nova Sorceress. My current hell countess runner.
Currently packing a level 34 Nova.

CorbinDeBec, level 84 Polearm Whirlwind Barbarian. Still gets some work as a
magic finder.

ZackFwost, level 84 Holy Freeze Zealot. Recently completed his hell questing
with the rest of Team Rainbowfeet. Now the proud owner of a "Grief" phase
blade.

TheRedCross, level 83 Medic. Primary activity these days is to run the Crypt
and Mausoleum in hell difficulty, as they're full of undead (something he can
actually kill).

KungFury, level 80 Kicker/Blade Fury Assassin.

Nugget, level 79 Sword Frenzy Barbarian. Lover of cryptic swords - uses
Sazabi's set and a Frostwind. This one had a very good session with short
last night where I quested from mid act 3 to the beginning of act 5.

Bulzeye, level 75 Throwing Barbarian. I'll probably work on this guy some
more with short, once his new axe paladin approaches the end of nightmare
difficulty.

Current inactive crew:

Shuku, level 89 Javazon
Grizwold, level 83 Conviction Zealot
Zerberk, level 82 Zeal Barbarian
Tweebeard, level 80 Summoning Druid

Current pontifications:

All dexterity bowazon
Beekeeper
Concentrate barbarian
Double Swing barbarian using Oath and Crescent Moon
Some kind of shapeshifting druid
Some kind of necromancer
Tri-elemental sorceress
Wind druid

And the one that'll take some doing:

Paladin with six active auras

Recent good finds:

Aldur's Armour (hell pindleskin)
Bonehew (hell crypt)
Mang Song's Lesson (hell pindleskin)
Mavina's Bow (hell eldritch)
Nightwing's Veil (hell shenk)
+4 Ondal's Wisdom (pindleskin)
Skin of the Vipermagi 35% resist all (hell eldritch)
Ethereal Titans revenge (NM mephisto)
The Grandfather (hell ancients way)
Trang's Belt (hell pindleskin)
Viperfork (hell pindleskin)

Pul rune (hell countess)
Ist rune (hell countess)
Cham rune (hell bloody foothills)

Recent runewordings:

"Grief" phase blade
"Insight" Thresher x 2

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play World
> of
> Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread that I think Orion
> or
> Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd list a few of the characters
> I'm
> now playing and thinking about playing (season 2 ladder), and a few of the
> good finds and stuff.

how back are you? Did Shrak get off the ground - I have a hoarde urge for
the weekend - actually i want to try a shaman but may only make it to lvl 6
since that seems to be my stopping point for now.

<snip>

> Current pontifications:
>
> All dexterity bowazon
> Beekeeper

Haven't seen one of these since 1.9. How viable are they in 1.10?

Rod

> Concentrate barbarian
> Double Swing barbarian using Oath and Crescent Moon
> Some kind of shapeshifting druid
> Some kind of necromancer
> Tri-elemental sorceress
> Wind druid
>
> And the one that'll take some doing:
>
> Paladin with six active auras
>
> Re

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play World
of
> Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread that I think Orion
or
> Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd list a few of the characters
I'm
> now playing and thinking about playing (season 2 ladder), and a few of the
> good finds and stuff.
>
> Current active crew:
>
> Shaeko, level 90 Orb/Fireball/Hydra Sorceress. Just a whisker off level
91.
> My primary magic finder.

Don't bring her into very many of my games until she hits 91, you know what
always happens.

> Ooba, level 86 Traps Assassin. Magic Find duties also.

How well does she get along with that? And where does she primarily hit for
MF spots? Mine (lvl 76) seemed to slow waaay down once I entered Hell,
that's why I made the FO/FB Sorc.

> Zaphack, level 85 Enchant/Nova Sorceress. My current hell countess
runner.
> Currently packing a level 34 Nova.

Hehe, what lvl Enchant? I gave up on the Nova idea and went straight for
Enchant on mine.

> CorbinDeBec, level 84 Polearm Whirlwind Barbarian. Still gets some work
as a
> magic finder.

He's cool. If I find a suitable stick for Obedience I might try one of
these again.
Or I guess I could just use that Ariocs I have laying around.

> ZackFwost, level 84 Holy Freeze Zealot. Recently completed his hell
questing
> with the rest of Team Rainbowfeet. Now the proud owner of a "Grief"
phase
> blade.

w000t!!

> TheRedCross, level 83 Medic. Primary activity these days is to run the
Crypt
> and Mausoleum in hell difficulty, as they're full of undead (something he
can
> actually kill).
>
> KungFury, level 80 Kicker/Blade Fury Assassin.

I might re-sign mine to active duty, a guy on the AB said his BF Assassin
using an Ethereal Hellslayer is doing over 2k damage. That's with Venom
though, and I don't know what other damage sources.

> Nugget, level 79 Sword Frenzy Barbarian. Lover of cryptic swords - uses
> Sazabi's set and a Frostwind. This one had a very good session with
short
> last night where I quested from mid act 3 to the beginning of act 5.
>
> Bulzeye, level 75 Throwing Barbarian. I'll probably work on this guy some
> more with short, once his new axe paladin approaches the end of nightmare
> difficulty.

I'm now lvl 45 or 46, NM Act 3. I've killed the Council, and just need a
little side trip to Meph before I go on :)
I will say that my Paladin needs some twinkage, and soon. Negative resists
in NM unless I have Salvation running. Then I can't Zeal, but I can kill
just about anything with Charge once I equip the Minotaur instead of the
Strength Runeword (or is it Steel?). Anyway, that low lvl one with CB.
Charge damage is up over 1500 with that thing already. I can't even imagine
what its going to be with Mr. Oath.

> Current inactive crew:
>
> Shuku, level 89 Javazon
> Grizwold, level 83 Conviction Zealot
> Zerberk, level 82 Zeal Barbarian
> Tweebeard, level 80 Summoning Druid
>
> Current pontifications:
>
> All dexterity bowazon
> Beekeeper
> Concentrate barbarian
> Double Swing barbarian using Oath and Crescent Moon
> Some kind of shapeshifting druid
> Some kind of necromancer
> Tri-elemental sorceress
> Wind druid
>
> And the one that'll take some doing:
>
> Paladin with six active auras

Good luck with that one :)
Since we're making lists again (where is Whitedog?)

Beast/Buriza Bear, hopefully using CB w/Hunger for something different.
Will still have points in Maul though, just haven't decided on how many.
Another Kick/Furysin, or I might just kit up the one that stalled and
continue on with her.
Nova/Some other attack Sorc
Concentrate Barb

Recent good finds........Cerebus Bite (+4 Shapeshifting skills, I gave it to
Orion to find a home), Buriza, Arioc's and Thunderstrokes. Nothing very
Uber.

short

Nice to see you again SVH. Seems like the last few times I've been on,
we've been doing hell runs... seperately.

I found a couple nice things in the last few days... Arkaine's Valor,
Saz armor, twin Eldridge orbs (both +3) and Vampire Gaze to top it off.

How's the Insight Thresher?

RegNitto

"Rod Runnheim" <rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
> > Current pontifications:
> >
> > All dexterity bowazon
> > Beekeeper
>
> Haven't seen one of these since 1.9. How viable are they in 1.10?

Not bad actually. The synergies really help out. Mine stalled somewhere in
NM, but I should probably get her going again.

short

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play
> World of Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread that
> I think Orion or Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd list a
> few of the characters I'm now playing and thinking about playing
> (season 2 ladder), and a few of the good finds and stuff.
>
> Current active crew:

Heh, I've been back playing sort of semi-regularly, too.
--
chainbreaker

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:10:23 -0500, chainbreaker wrote:

> Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play
>> World of Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread that
>> I think Orion or Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd list a
>> few of the characters I'm now playing and thinking about playing
>> (season 2 ladder), and a few of the good finds and stuff.
>>
>> Current active crew:
>>

> Heh, I've been back playing sort of semi-regularly, too.

What, not regularly enough for an "I stuck it back in" thread. :)

re-iterating

"Rod Runnheim" <rodr@lmcg.wisc.edu> had this idea for a movie:

>> Current pontifications:

>> All dexterity bowazon
>> Beekeeper

> Haven't seen one of these since 1.9. How viable are they in 1.10?

They're decently viable, with the synergy pumped and some good +skills
boosters. My last one stalled in 1.10 act 4 hell, but was because I was
trialing a Fireball/Charged Bolt combo, and went too heavy on the Fireball
side. It's a build that would definitely work with some tweaking, although
next time I'm considering something more 1.09 old-school -> orb/charged bolt.
I'm also considering comboing charged bolt with a non-synergised blizzard, as
I quite liked a blizard as a secondary on right click on a fireball sorceress
I played in ladder 1.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> had this idea for a movie:

>Nice to see you again SVH. Seems like the last few times I've been on,
>we've been doing hell runs... seperately.

>I found a couple nice things in the last few days... Arkaine's Valor,
>Saz armor, twin Eldridge orbs (both +3) and Vampire Gaze to top it off.

Sweet! Yesterday I beat a Tal Rasha's armour out of a skeleton boss pack on
the stairs to the foothills, so we're definitely on a roll.

>How's the Insight Thresher?

I love it! I think that new word opens up some new possibilities for me on
my clunker of a connection, such as a rocket sorceress with maxed block that
still has a good life total.

Another new build I'm considering is a new medic/undead hunter, with more
emphasis on conviction and fist of the heavens, with the merc (prayer, of
course) providing the meditation aura instead of the medic. I think Jabber
or Orion already has something done like this.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:

>> Shaeko, level 90 Orb/Fireball/Hydra Sorceress. Just a whisker off level
>91.
>> My primary magic finder.

>Don't bring her into very many of my games until she hits 91, you know what
>always happens.

Hehe! Good point.

>> Ooba, level 86 Traps Assassin. Magic Find duties also.

>How well does she get along with that? And where does she primarily hit for
>MF spots? Mine (lvl 76) seemed to slow waaay down once I entered Hell,
>that's why I made the FO/FB Sorc.

Great in areas where she can use Lightning Sentry to prep for the Death Sentry
chain, not so great with she has to use Fireblast. It's still decent enough
(around level 29 or 30, I think she has)

She's currently using a prayer mercenary, which was a little experiment of
mine, following on from my last trapper, which used a defiant, and the one
before that who used a 1.09 rogue.

>> Zaphack, level 85 Enchant/Nova Sorceress. My current hell countess
>runner.
>> Currently packing a level 34 Nova.
>>
>Hehe, what lvl Enchant? I gave up on the Nova idea and went straight for
>Enchant on mine.

Enchant is one level lower, at 33, although Firemastery is still only twenty
something, due to having to put 40 in nova/LM. One hard point in Fireball
(and one hard point in firebolt, too, those being just pre-reqs in this build)
gives it about 500 max damage at present, hehe. Next time we hit a LI
council pack and the mercs croak, I'll use that! ;-) Just be sure to
bring to a good book to read...

>> CorbinDeBec, level 84 Polearm Whirlwind Barbarian. Still gets some work
>as a
>> magic finder.
>>
>He's cool. If I find a suitable stick for Obedience I might try one of
>these again.
>Or I guess I could just use that Ariocs I have laying around.

I was lucky enough to find a Tomb Reaver a few months back, so that's his
end-game weapon. Earlier on, he used the unique bec de corbin. :)

>> KungFury, level 80 Kicker/Blade Fury Assassin.

>I might re-sign mine to active duty, a guy on the AB said his BF Assassin
>using an Ethereal Hellslayer is doing over 2k damage. That's with Venom
>though, and I don't know what other damage sources.

Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...

Mine uses an eth heavens light at the moment, and before that she used an eth
bartucs claw.

>I'm now lvl 45 or 46, NM Act 3. I've killed the Council, and just need a
>little side trip to Meph before I go on :)
>I will say that my Paladin needs some twinkage, and soon. Negative resists
>in NM unless I have Salvation running. Then I can't Zeal, but I can kill
>just about anything with Charge once I equip the Minotaur instead of the
>Strength Runeword (or is it Steel?). Anyway, that low lvl one with CB.
>Charge damage is up over 1500 with that thing already. I can't even imagine
>what its going to be with Mr. Oath.

It's going to be wicked!

>> And the one that'll take some doing:

>> Paladin with six active auras

>Good luck with that one :)

Yes, that one could take a while. I made a list of all the runes required
for the various runewords, and it's pretty scary stuff.

>Since we're making lists again (where is Whitedog?)

>Beast/Buriza Bear, hopefully using CB w/Hunger for something different.
>Will still have points in Maul though, just haven't decided on how many.
>Another Kick/Furysin, or I might just kit up the one that stalled and
>continue on with her.
>Nova/Some other attack Sorc
>Concentrate Barb

Hehe. We're both going to need new accounts...

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:59:53 +1300, Stephen van Ham wrote:

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:

>>> Ooba, level 86 Traps Assassin. Magic Find duties also.
>
>>How well does she get along with that? And where does she primarily hit for
>>MF spots? Mine (lvl 76) seemed to slow waaay down once I entered Hell,
>>that's why I made the FO/FB Sorc.
>
> Great in areas where she can use Lightning Sentry to prep for the Death Sentry
> chain, not so great with she has to use Fireblast. It's still decent enough
> (around level 29 or 30, I think she has)

One thing to keep in mind with Fireblast is that your IAS with
the equipped claws matters a lot, because it works in situations
where the monster is standing still and you are firing off
a fast stream of bombs. The stream speed depends on your IAS.

>>> KungFury, level 80 Kicker/Blade Fury Assassin.
>
>>I might re-sign mine to active duty, a guy on the AB said his BF Assassin
>>using an Ethereal Hellslayer is doing over 2k damage. That's with Venom
>>though, and I don't know what other damage sources.

Is that including the big BF penalty for 2h weapon damage?

> Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...

I recently traded an UM for low end one that I'm going to try
along with Gimmershred. BA merc is pretty essential for
both these weapons and BF. Rich people can get big
bonus points for giving the merc one of those high end
conviction sticks and getting a Dream shield or helm on

> Mine uses an eth heavens light at the moment, and before that she used an eth
> bartucs claw.

Ethereal rune master with a bunch of eths and a might merc would
be decent to.

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:
>
> >> Shaeko, level 90 Orb/Fireball/Hydra Sorceress. Just a whisker off
level
> >91.
> >> My primary magic finder.
>
> >Don't bring her into very many of my games until she hits 91, you know
what
> >always happens.
>
> Hehe! Good point.

:eek:)

> >> Ooba, level 86 Traps Assassin. Magic Find duties also.
>
> >How well does she get along with that? And where does she primarily hit
for
> >MF spots? Mine (lvl 76) seemed to slow waaay down once I entered Hell,
> >that's why I made the FO/FB Sorc.
>
> Great in areas where she can use Lightning Sentry to prep for the Death
Sentry
> chain, not so great with she has to use Fireblast. It's still decent
enough
> (around level 29 or 30, I think she has)
>
> She's currently using a prayer mercenary, which was a little experiment of
> mine, following on from my last trapper, which used a defiant, and the one
> before that who used a 1.09 rogue.

Hrm, I think mine's using a Might Merc. He does OK in most places, but for
some reason it seems not having a weapon or armor has taken away most of his
will to live.

> >> Zaphack, level 85 Enchant/Nova Sorceress. My current hell countess
> >runner.
> >> Currently packing a level 34 Nova.
> >>
> >Hehe, what lvl Enchant? I gave up on the Nova idea and went straight for
> >Enchant on mine.
>
> Enchant is one level lower, at 33, although Firemastery is still only
twenty
> something, due to having to put 40 in nova/LM. One hard point in
Fireball
> (and one hard point in firebolt, too, those being just pre-reqs in this
build)
> gives it about 500 max damage at present, hehe. Next time we hit a LI
> council pack and the mercs croak, I'll use that! ;-) Just be sure to
> bring to a good book to read...

Hehe, good idea. Can't be any worse than my Static Field I was trying to
use on an LI boss a few nights ago.
For some reason I thought Lightning Immune said Lightning Enchanted, and was
wondering why there were no sparks.......(it was also 4am)

> >> CorbinDeBec, level 84 Polearm Whirlwind Barbarian. Still gets some
work
> >as a
> >> magic finder.
> >>
> >He's cool. If I find a suitable stick for Obedience I might try one of
> >these again.
> >Or I guess I could just use that Ariocs I have laying around.
>
> I was lucky enough to find a Tomb Reaver a few months back, so that's his
> end-game weapon. Earlier on, he used the unique bec de corbin. :)

He kills things pretty well, I'm seriously considering one.

> >> KungFury, level 80 Kicker/Blade Fury Assassin.
>
> >I might re-sign mine to active duty, a guy on the AB said his BF Assassin
> >using an Ethereal Hellslayer is doing over 2k damage. That's with Venom
> >though, and I don't know what other damage sources.
>
> Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...

Yeah, that would be nice. Actually, that would be nicer than nice :) I
wonder how many we could get from Alice for 20 PGems???

> Mine uses an eth heavens light at the moment, and before that she used an
eth
> bartucs claw.

I think mine still has a Rixots in her stash, or something :)

> >I'm now lvl 45 or 46, NM Act 3. I've killed the Council, and just need a
> >little side trip to Meph before I go on :)
> >I will say that my Paladin needs some twinkage, and soon. Negative
resists
> >in NM unless I have Salvation running. Then I can't Zeal, but I can
kill
> >just about anything with Charge once I equip the Minotaur instead of the
> >Strength Runeword (or is it Steel?). Anyway, that low lvl one with CB.
> >Charge damage is up over 1500 with that thing already. I can't even
imagine
> >what its going to be with Mr. Oath.
>
> It's going to be wicked!

It also lists itself as Very Fast Attack Speed, rather than "Slow" like the
2 axes I have currently equipped, so that has to help.

> >> And the one that'll take some doing:
>
> >> Paladin with six active auras
>
> >Good luck with that one :)
>
> Yes, that one could take a while. I made a list of all the runes
required
> for the various runewords, and it's pretty scary stuff.

Hehe, I'm still wondering how I can make teh Beast axe for the WB :)

> >Since we're making lists again (where is Whitedog?)
>
> >Beast/Buriza Bear, hopefully using CB w/Hunger for something different.
> >Will still have points in Maul though, just haven't decided on how many.
> >Another Kick/Furysin, or I might just kit up the one that stalled and
> >continue on with her.
> >Nova/Some other attack Sorc
> >Concentrate Barb
>
> Hehe. We're both going to need new accounts...

I have 1 more spot on shorts4 I think, and I could always delete the old
ladder Tal's Sorc. I suppose I should still offload more of my non-ladder
stuff instead of deleting it all. I don't have much left though.

I'm seriously considering some mule accounts now too. Hell, with all of my
AFK time I could have had 10 more accts burned in just this week. With all
the stuff just piling up a little at a time, half of my characters I
couldn't play if I wanted to.

We need a Diablo2 Ministorage.

short

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:59:53 +1300, Stephen van Ham wrote:
>
> > "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:
<snippety>

> >>I might re-sign mine to active duty, a guy on the AB said his BF
Assassin
> >>using an Ethereal Hellslayer is doing over 2k damage. That's with Venom
> >>though, and I don't know what other damage sources.
>
> Is that including the big BF penalty for 2h weapon damage?

I don't know, does the Character Screen take the penalty into account when
displaying the damage? I haven't questioned him further on it, but I plan
to eventually.

short

Last2Know <grokkalot@yahoo.com> had this idea for a movie:

>One thing to keep in mind with Fireblast is that your IAS with
>the equipped claws matters a lot, because it works in situations
>where the monster is standing still and you are firing off
>a fast stream of bombs. The stream speed depends on your IAS.

If memory serves, Ooba's primary claw has either 30 or 40 IAS on it, for that
very reason. I think it's +2 assassin skills rather than +3 traps, and her
secondary is still just a bartucs. I haven't really had much motivation to
shop for claws for quite a while, so no fancy +3 traps with +3 LS/DS
scratchies for her, yet.

>> Mine uses an eth heavens light at the moment, and before that she used an eth
>> bartucs claw.
>
>Ethereal rune master with a bunch of eths and a might merc would
>be decent to.

There were some exceptional weapons that I wanted to try out in upgraded form,
too, but just never had the opportunity to.

I should have been a bit more specific, too - the "eth" heaven's light in this
case means the heaven's light itself is ethereal, and it's socketed with eth
runes. I'm quite happy with it, for now, until she gets her hands on some
of the heavy hitters.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:

>Hrm, I think mine's using a Might Merc. He does OK in most places, but for
>some reason it seems not having a weapon or armor has taken away most of his
>will to live.

Interesting. I'll try a Might guy for the next one. The Shadow Master is
pretty low level in the current iteration, so I doubt I'd benefit as much from
a Might aura.

>work
>> >as a
>> >>
>> >He's cool. If I find a suitable stick for Obedience I might try one of
>> >these again.
>> >Or I guess I could just use that Ariocs I have laying around.

>> I was lucky enough to find a Tomb Reaver a few months back, so that's his
>> end-game weapon. Earlier on, he used the unique bec de corbin. :)

>He kills things pretty well, I'm seriously considering one.

Turns out Corbin is actually 87, not 84. But yeah, it's pretty fun. I use a
holy freeze mercenary on him, so make battles against mana burn creatures a
little less painful (well, in theory, anyway).

>> Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...

>Yeah, that would be nice. Actually, that would be nicer than nice :) I
>wonder how many we could get from Alice for 20 PGems???

Well, she might sell you the handle...

>> Hehe. We're both going to need new accounts...

>I have 1 more spot on shorts4 I think, and I could always delete the old
>ladder Tal's Sorc. I suppose I should still offload more of my non-ladder
>stuff instead of deleting it all. I don't have much left though.

>I'm seriously considering some mule accounts now too. Hell, with all of my
>AFK time I could have had 10 more accts burned in just this week. With all
>the stuff just piling up a little at a time, half of my characters I
>couldn't play if I wanted to.

We could always share a few mule accounts, instead of you burning in a ton
more. It would make sense, since we end up sharing stuff anyway. I think I
emailed you the passwords a while ago, but I'll give them to you again when I
see you online. I have just a very small set, right now, with one account
for jewelry, gems, runes, etc, with a few armour mules on the same account,
one account for sets, and one for weapons, since I offloaded much of it on
team uww anyway. We could maybe move the armour mules to a new account, and
make more room on the first for crafting fodder and stuff.

--

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> had this idea for a movie:
>
> >Hrm, I think mine's using a Might Merc. He does OK in most places, but
for
> >some reason it seems not having a weapon or armor has taken away most of
his
> >will to live.
>
> Interesting. I'll try a Might guy for the next one. The Shadow Master
is
> pretty low level in the current iteration, so I doubt I'd benefit as much
from
> a Might aura.

> >work

> >> I was lucky enough to find a Tomb Reaver a few months back, so that's
his
> >> end-game weapon. Earlier on, he used the unique bec de corbin. :)
>
> >He kills things pretty well, I'm seriously considering one.
>
> Turns out Corbin is actually 87, not 84. But yeah, it's pretty fun. I
use a
> holy freeze mercenary on him, so make battles against mana burn creatures
> little less painful (well, in theory, anyway).
>
> >> Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...
>
> >Yeah, that would be nice. Actually, that would be nicer than nice :) I
> >wonder how many we could get from Alice for 20 PGems???
>
> Well, she might sell you the handle...
>
> >> Hehe. We're both going to need new accounts...
>
> >I have 1 more spot on shorts4 I think, and I could always delete the old
> >ladder Tal's Sorc. I suppose I should still offload more of my
non-ladder
> >stuff instead of deleting it all. I don't have much left though.
>
> >I'm seriously considering some mule accounts now too. Hell, with all of
my
> >AFK time I could have had 10 more accts burned in just this week. With
all
> >the stuff just piling up a little at a time, half of my characters I
> >couldn't play if I wanted to.
>
> We could always share a few mule accounts, instead of you burning in a ton
> more. It would make sense, since we end up sharing stuff anyway. I
think I
> emailed you the passwords a while ago, but I'll give them to you again
when I
> see you online. I have just a very small set, right now, with one
account
> for jewelry, gems, runes, etc, with a few armour mules on the same
account,
> one account for sets, and one for weapons, since I offloaded much of it on
> team uww anyway. We could maybe move the armour mules to a new account,
and
> make more room on the first for crafting fodder and stuff.

I have the passwords for your 1, 2, and 3 mule accounts, are those the ones
you're referring to? I could very well start loading them up with all the
low level uniques and sets I seem to find :)

short

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:

>short wrote:
>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Someone in an agd yard sale needs to give us some stormlashes...
>>>
>> Yeah, that would be nice. Actually, that would be nicer than nice :)
>> I wonder how many we could get from Alice for 20 PGems???
>
>Not many. It took her a while to find my second one and I have a standing
>order for any she can find. It was more than pgems too.
>
>She's a wonderful person. Very resourceful and not avaricous at all, the
>contrary in fact.

Sure is! She gave me an arreats one day when I was hunting for one, and then
when I tried to give it back when I found one of my own, she wasn't having
none of it. So I gave the arreats to short, instead, I think.

>I'm told they are rarely traded as, if someone is lucky enough to find one
>they tend to build a character around it.

That's pretty much what I thought, as I was joking about people dropping them
in a yard sale.

>I found one and bought one and now
>have a pally (Chill-Bill) with one and a frenzy barb (Kuhal) with one
>(paired with a Horizon's Tornado). Both of them kill like there's no
>tommorow. It's like a Cresent Moon phase-blade, super-sized, on steroids,
>with extras. cLevel 82 req. though. :-(. I was so bummed when shady pointed
>out to me (just before I dropped the runes in) that I couldn't make Cresent
>Moon in a scourge. I thought it would be a good weapon to work up to
>Stomlash with, only having a mid-50's req.

Hehe.

Items having a habit of turning up eventually, and if they don't, I simply
make do with something else (and I'm a big fan of finding my own stuff, and
have only made two trades in the last couple of years). If a stormlash does
turn up, I think my Conviction Zealot will be the first in line to claim it.

--

> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:
>
> >short wrote:
> >> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> >> Yeah, that would be nice. Actually, that would be nicer than nice :)
> >> I wonder how many we could get from Alice for 20 PGems???
> >
> >Not many. It took her a while to find my second one and I have a standing
> >order for any she can find. It was more than pgems too.
> >
> >She's a wonderful person. Very resourceful and not avaricous at all, the
> >contrary in fact.
>
> Sure is! She gave me an arreats one day when I was hunting for one, and
then
> when I tried to give it back when I found one of my own, she wasn't having
> none of it. So I gave the arreats to short, instead, I think.

I think you did. Or was it that Demonhorns Edge, or whatever its called?

Anyway, I'll gladly trade it in on a Jalal's if you have one, the Bear will
be started way sooner than the Concentrate Barb.

> >I'm told they are rarely traded as, if someone is lucky enough to find
one
> >they tend to build a character around it.
>
> That's pretty much what I thought, as I was joking about people dropping
them
> in a yard sale.

That would still be nice :)

> >I found one and bought one and now
> >have a pally (Chill-Bill) with one and a frenzy barb (Kuhal) with one
> >(paired with a Horizon's Tornado). Both of them kill like there's no
> >tommorow. It's like a Cresent Moon phase-blade, super-sized, on steroids,
> >with extras. cLevel 82 req. though. :-(. I was so bummed when shady
pointed
> >out to me (just before I dropped the runes in) that I couldn't make
Cresent
> >Moon in a scourge. I thought it would be a good weapon to work up to
> >Stomlash with, only having a mid-50's req.
>
> Hehe.
>
> Items having a habit of turning up eventually, and if they don't, I simply
> make do with something else (and I'm a big fan of finding my own stuff,
and
> have only made two trades in the last couple of years). If a stormlash
does
> turn up, I think my Conviction Zealot will be the first in line to claim
it.

Zealot would be a good choice, and since I have a Zeal/Smiter, he'd be
pretty pissed if he didn't get it.

short

"Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> had this idea for a movie:

>Funnily enough, an eth Fleshrender is very high up on my want list, right up
>there with eth FleshRIPPER. the 'render at least should be fairly cheap, but
>upped we're talking serious owies. The eth Razor's Edge mine uses is doing
>very nicely thank you. Gimmers also are an option. Eth Stormlash is da bomb.

Yep yep, I still have my little word document where I crunched numbers n'
stuff, and eth elited fleshrender was indeed one of them.

And eth Fleshripper would be sweet as, too. I found a couple of 'rippers
last season, but neither was eth, alas.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> had this idea for a movie:

>Ummm guys? Me? Remember? We have that agdtoolbox account already, with many
>half-empty mules, and I share stuff with ya too!!! Me me me me me!!!

First thing I'd do would be to gut that toolbox account (apart from your pally
and sorc, of course) and put classified mules on it. But one account is too
small for a proper mule setup, anyway. I need at least four accounts just to
sort of what's going on, unless you feel like having windforces and el runes
on the same mule.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

"Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> had this idea for a movie:

[Medic, round 2]

>Mine is incredible. I tweaked it a little, max FoH, Holy Shock, Hammers and
>Holy Bolt, with the rest going in Conviction. He's using a Hand of Blessed
>Light, and the Damien the barb has a Lawbringer Colossus Blade. Even his
>level 6 Zeal is doing damage in the 2000s, and that Fist/Conviction is
>NASTY. Undead stand no chance at all. The Holy Bolt damage is upwards of 5k.
>Take him out for a spin!

I'm there with little tiny hamster bells on!

--
Slaughter is its own reward.

Last2Know wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:10:23 -0500, chainbreaker wrote:
>
>> Stephen van Ham wrote:
>>> Well, I'm back in the land of Diablo, after a 3 month break to play
>>> World of Warcraft. So since I'm back, and remembering a thread
>>> that I think Orion or Jabber started a while back, I thought I'd
>>> list a few of the characters I'm now playing and thinking about
>>> playing (season 2 ladder), and a few of the good finds and stuff.
>>>
>>> Current active crew:
>>>

>> Heh, I've been back playing sort of semi-regularly, too.
>
> What, not regularly enough for an "I stuck it back in" thread. :)

Well, it *has* to be stuck in or it's dryhu . . . uh, I suppose that's
enough of that. :)

--
chainbreaker

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> had this idea for a movie:

>>Mine is incredible. I tweaked it a little, max FoH, Holy Shock, Hammers and
>>Holy Bolt, with the rest going in Conviction. He's using a Hand of Blessed
>>Light, and the Damien the barb has a Lawbringer Colossus Blade. Even his
>>level 6 Zeal is doing damage in the 2000s, and that Fist/Conviction is
>>NASTY. Undead stand no chance at all. The Holy Bolt damage is upwards of 5k.
>>Take him out for a spin!

>I'm there with little tiny hamster bells on!

Okay, so had a bit of a peek, and kai and I tried to do your jade statue quest
for you, but baffle.net was having none of that and refused to drop one. We
did get your lam esen book quest done, though.

HOBL is the same scepter I used on TheRedCross. It's a nice piece, indeed.
However, I'm going to try and get my A into G this time around and do some
shopping, not just for a nice +2/Holy bolt/Holy Shield/Conviction/Faster Cast
scepter (okay, so I'm dreaming), but some new traps claws for Ooba.

So, anyway, back to the paladin... my plan is to make another medic, but this
time less on the undead holy bolting power, and stronger fist of the heavens.
Not necessarily with high holy shock (although that would be nice), but high
conviction and healing/undead hitting power from maxed holy bolt and prayer.
Mercenary will most likely be, this time around, prayer with an insight
polearm.

ZackFlash is currently level 4, and attempting to catch up to short's axe
paladin, hehe.

And on a different note, the other build I'm considering is a fisting, holy
shock avenger - max FOTH, holy shock, resist lightning, some vengeance, some
conviction (5-6+ in holy shield, as always). Who knows, maybe a Might
mercenary with a Reapers, or maybe one of those Lawbringer barbs.

--
Slaughter is its own reward.