thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Ok so i recently bought this game, and it looks really cool. But im having this really strange and annoying problem with it.

About halfway during a race, the game starts to "lagg", sort of. I really dont know how to explain it, but its like the car moves slow for a bit, and then speeds up a lot (like if i was playing online and lagging). The fps doesnt go down when this happens, so i really dont know whats going on. I have a 2.9 AMd dual core, 8800 gt, 3 gig ram, and vista 64 bit. All other games run cool, its just this one.

Cant the CPU keep up, or is it something else?

trackman2010

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
Sounds similar to the stuttering problem I had with Assassin's Creed.

The following solved it for me:
- Go to the Nvidia Control Panel
- Make sure the settings are in Advanced viewing mode
- Choose Manage 3D Settings on the left
- Now under Global Settings, look for Maximum Pre-rendered Frames and set it to 1.
- Set Triple Buffering to On (I know, doesn't make much sense since it's not an OpenGL game, but hey as long as it helps...).

Note that this only worked for me under Global Settings, and did not work when I tried to assign the settings to the executable specific to the game for some reason.

Not sure if it will work for you, but you've got nothing to lose if you try it.

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Hmm, it seemed to go away, but i can still feel a little when im speeding up (maybe its just me). I wonder why i didnt find anything about this on google (scince it was default values that come with standard drivers that caused the problem).

Thanks thou.