Can't get in to my home computer

Mike

Splendid

Help! I tried to turn on my computer this morning, and XP is asking for my
User ID and Password! I've never entered this before, and I don't know what
to do to bypass it. I just downloaded XP Service Pack 2, and I'm wonderting
if that had something to do with it???

Mike

Splendid

Randwulf57 -

Thanks so much - I'll see if that helps out. I really appreciate the tip.

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

> Help! I tried to turn on my computer this morning, and XP is asking for my
> User ID and Password! I've never entered this before, and I don't know what
> to do to bypass it. I just downloaded XP Service Pack 2, and I'm wonderting
> if that had something to do with it???

Mike:
Might be some help in this article...
"Lost Forgotten Expired Password"
randwulf57

> Help! I tried to turn on my computer this morning, and XP is asking for
> my
> User ID and Password! I've never entered this before, and I don't know
> what
> to do to bypass it. I just downloaded XP Service Pack 2, and I'm
> wonderting
> if that had something to do with it???

---

Mike:
You're welcome. Hope it helps.
--
randwulf57

> Randwulf57 -
>
> Thanks so much - I'll see if that helps out. I really appreciate the tip.
>

> Mike
>
> "Mike" wrote:
>
>> Help! I tried to turn on my computer this morning, and XP is asking for
>> my
>> User ID and Password! I've never entered this before, and I don't know
>> what
>> to do to bypass it. I just downloaded XP Service Pack 2, and I'm
>> wonderting
>> if that had something to do with it???

---

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

If all else fails, you might want to check out the info at
Read ALL the information on the various pages and make sure you have a
backup of your system.
Not for the faint of heart!!!!!

george