Join Tom's Games on Facebook

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
Yeah we've put a page up on Facebook. Why should you become a fan? Well it'll allow you to post screenshots of your gaming feats, videos of you owning noobs (without worrying about hosting) or just brag about your system specs in yet another forum.

Seriously though we'd like to grow a community that allows more interaction with the readers than just this forum. We want to see what kind of content you guys can generate. Course the Facebook page will be moderated but we're flying under the rader a bit here so let's just see what happens.

So check it out, become a fan and tell a friend.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toms-Games/14395687103

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
No thanks, I don't do Facebook or Myspace. How about you update the forums and allow the ability to embed youtube videos in certain sections of the board? I'm sure Tom's parent company would like us to all start using Facebook as well, but I'm simply not that loyal of a member. If you keep trying to get us to go to other sites I will, but it will not be Tom's or any of the sites you've suggested.

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005

As far as I know Tom's parent company knows nothing about us putting up a Facebook page. We just thought the guys who read our page and use Facebook would like to jump in. We're not asking anyone to join Facebook, but only recognizing it as a social network with some overlap for our readers. So if you're already on Facebook, swing by if you like.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if you keep trying to get us to go to other sites... or any of the sites you've suggested."

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I apologize for coming off so negatively, but to me it appeared as though you were plugging Facebook. That being said, I still believe it would be better if such features were implemented on Tom's, as I do not plan on using Facebook, or any similar site.

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
No you're right. It did sound like that so I'm glad you brought that up. As far as implementing features like that on Tom's... let's just say that all those ideas and more are on the table for an upcoming redesign of Tom's Games.

So consider the Facebook thing an experiment. ;)

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
I have to agree Facebook and Myspace and any other social networking sites are bad for your future. Any good they may offer is offset by the damage they do everyday.

Our HR departments uses them as filtering tools and as a hiring manager I can tell you that I've seen some of the trivial stuff that will get you black balled. We have even separated an employee for non-work related personal dealing. These sites have done more to erode personal privacy than anything else on the Internet. The sad part is most don't know how destructive they are. We don't even inform them why they were rejected even when they ask they are given a legal safe answer. It's happened to my candidates several times. One them is one the best techs I have, but I had to go to through the Legal department and ultimately the company President/CEO to hire them.

So if you use these sites just remember not to post anything you would be ashamed to show or tell your mother or employer. Even then you wont know how it will be received.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

I hope they perma ban you for sexual harassment...

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008

"Just remember, don't throw anything away in your trash that you wouldn't want an employer to sift through and analyze in the alley outside your apartment."

Remind me never to work for you.

I hope they perma ban you for sexual harassment...
Thanks, Captain H.R.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This feature already exists btw

[flash=425,355]http://www.youtube.com/v/dAzTnileK4Q&hl=en[/flash]

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

I really doubt that you possess a skill that would be of much value to me. More importantly I'm not in HR I'm in IT. I also don't agree with what out HR department doing. Your lack of comprehension pretty much shows you wouldn't make it very far in the screening process. On a personal note I find your post disturbing at best and generally offensive you should consider growing up.