PS3 to LCD Monitor Problem, plz help, thnx!

JinJian

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
Hey guys, new here. I picked up a DVI to HDMI cable today to connect my PS3 to my monitor (LG L196WTQ, though I do not know if it is an sf, bf, or wf)
but no image is showing. An "Out of Range signal with 67.3 kHz/ 60kHz" signal appears and the screen remains black. After further looking into this I found out that some LCD monitors aren't able to support non-PC devices through their HDMI port (ie: PS3). Though, I also found that people with the same monitor as me are using their PS3 without problem. Does anyone know why this isn't working? Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

JinJian

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008

Yes, my monitor is the L196WTQ- BF (which others I've heard were able to use with the PS3 without any problems), it has a dvi-d port as well as it supports HDCP, I've tried it on different resolutions, but it still gave me the same 'out of range' message when I switched the channel while having the PS3 turned on, and my PS3's visual setting is always at HDMI because I have an HDmi cable for gaming on the HD tv.

jonisginger

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
OH you might have to look at the refresh rate I think! Something like that. My friend had a similar problem. I'll look into it more! Update soon.

corbinwest

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
have you figured the problem out yet? i bought a ps3 today, thinking that i would be able to run it on my Lg Monitor (L196WTQ im not sure what the next letters detail, but i dont know them) im having the same problems as you.

wroxtar

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
In very short.
If I were you,

I would get a nice component cable for SONY PS3, most probably the official ps3 component cables from sony. Others work

fine too. Like this component av cable for ps3 here.

Then I would look for a solution to this on youtube, just to see if someone has posted something.

And voila, I would have come up with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/mJj1E0FWXMc

After looking at that. I would have looked at the cheapest option available.

And then after lot of searching and researching, I would have no other option but to place an
order for the most wonderful thing ever made in the field of gaming for people like us who cannot
afford an HDTV - An XCM MEGA COOL VGA BOX!

Yes, I have already looked around the internet a lot for a solution to the issue you are having and
was left with nothing better than this.

I recently placed an order for an XCM MEGA COOL VGA BOX from play-asia. And I am sure I have made the right decision. Looking at that video, I know I can't be wrong.

All the best mate.