Problem with users different to administrator in WinXP

October 20, 2004 12:29:06 AM

When I create a new user, different than the adminsitrator in my PC with Win
XP Pro with SP2, that users cannot navigate using Internet Explorer through
secure sites (i.e. Hotmail) also they cannot make searches using google.

I have changed the permissions of these users to admin, but the problem
persists.

Thanks for any help!
April 18, 2005 10:10:02 PM

Did you ever find an answer to this question? I am having the same problem
and can't see to find an anwer.

"kmilo" wrote:

> When I create a new user, different than the adminsitrator in my PC with Win
> XP Pro with SP2, that users cannot navigate using Internet Explorer through
> secure sites (i.e. Hotmail) also they cannot make searches using google.
>
> I have changed the permissions of these users to admin, but the problem
> persists.
>
> Thanks for any help!
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:53:03 PM

No, nobody has answered this question. I´m trying some changes but I don´t
have any results right now. I´ll let you know if I find the answer.

"Sue" wrote:

> Did you ever find an answer to this question? I am having the same problem
> and can't see to find an anwer.
>
> "kmilo" wrote:
>
> > When I create a new user, different than the adminsitrator in my PC with Win
> > XP Pro with SP2, that users cannot navigate using Internet Explorer through
> > secure sites (i.e. Hotmail) also they cannot make searches using google.
> >
> > I have changed the permissions of these users to admin, but the problem
> > persists.
> >
> > Thanks for any help!
April 26, 2005 2:14:28 AM

In news:32542778-220A-4C3E-BEB1-AFDC29412E77@microsoft.com,
kmilo <kmilo@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> No, nobody has answered this question. I´m trying some changes but I
> don´t have any results right now. I´ll let you know if I find the
> answer.

Have you looked here:

How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure web pages with IE6 SP2 (XP)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700

It might help, I'm not really sure.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes